Best chinook kit?

Skeg

Title says it all. What is the best CH-47 kit out there? I would like to maybe be able to model BN "Bravo November" if possible but not overly fussed.

Also on a related note, are there any good CH-46 Sea Knight kits out there? Would love to do a U.S. Marines light grey version.

Thanks

Skeg

For BN, get the last Airfix re-issue of the Italeri kit (Which had corrected rotor blades) - it had BN decals

Which kit is this, can you desribe the bow art for me so i can have a look?

Cheers

Skeg

Probably the Airfix Chinook (re-box of the Italeri, but with the composite blades).

Or the Revell version if you can find a later boxing.

What you haven't said is whether you want a Falklands era BN or current?

Probably the Airfix Chinook (re-box of the Italeri, but with the composite blades).

Or the Revell version if you can find a later boxing.

What you haven't said is whether you want a Falklands era BN or current?

Hmmmm, not thought much about that. I guess a Falklands model would be good but would not count out modelling it from a later era.

Thanks for help gents

Skeg

The detail of the Trumpeter kit is miles better than the other kits from Revell and Italeri although the rotors are wrong. I'm sure you can get the corrected ones from one of the aftermarket producers. If you are looking to do a modern version I can highly recommend the the CMK CH-47 Chinook Exterior set.

Airfix one it is. Ordered and paid for.

Anyone with anything to say on Sea knights?

Agree with Rob, if you want a CH-46 pick up one or another version of the Fujimi kit (also released by Testors). IIRC the had the CH-46D, E and the Kawasaki-built KV-107 in different forms as well.

Great, thanks for the replies guys. Let the search commence.

Hi Skeg,

I totallly agree with the CH-47 Chinook. As far as the CH-46s goes, the Fujimi ones are the best but good luck finding some decals for the USMC gray ones. There are a few sets out there but not much. I really wish someone would make some gray decals for current MARINES schemes for the Cobras, Sea Khights, Super Stallions, Harriers, KC-130s, Prowlers, and Hornets.

Cheers,

WARDOG

The detail of the Trumpeter kit is miles better than the other kits from Revell and Italeri although the rotors are wrong. I'm sure you can get the corrected ones from one of the aftermarket producers. If you are looking to do a modern version I can highly recommend the the CMK CH-47 Chinook Exterior set.

The detail might be nice but they screwed up the rear fuselage - it should slope down in side profile to the top of the rear ramp but it doesn't.

The nose of the Italeri Chook is off.

Sadly the old Matchbox kit still has the best shape. Cross kitted with the Trumpy or Italeri kit it can come up a treat.

Thanks for all the help guys, Airfix chinook arrived this morning and kit and decals look great!