1/72 Revell Heinkel HE177-A5 with Fritz-X

DSCN3634.jpg

DSCN3635.jpg

DSCN3636.jpg

DSCN3637.jpg

DSCN3638.jpg

DSCN3639.jpg

Hope you all like!

Built and painted in just under 5 days from start to finish - however - i was spending at least 5 or 6 hours a day on it!

All airbrushed!

Edited by treker_ed

Less than a week? Good going.

The F8 codes of KG40 should always preceed the fuselage cross. Unlike the RAF, the Luftwaffe put the unit codes first on both sides of the fuselage.

W

i know!!!! only realised my mistake after about an hour or so and it was well & truly stuck down by this point! would have got shredded if i had removed it!

splendid but is it too shiny? (or is it the light?)

IIRC, wasn't Luftwaffe paint at least semi-gloss for much of the war? Seem to recall seeing a photo of a 109 pilot reflected on the surface of his airplane.

PS Beautiful model!

Edited by Procopius

Lovely neat build - doesn't look very 'used' though, are you going to weather it?

It will left asit is. Weathering is not something i have ever tried and is not a technique i think i could do! I like them looking factory fresh!

In regards to the glossy look - it was photographed this afternoon in the sunshine so did pick up a certain amount of reflection

It will left asit is. Weathering is not something i have ever tried and is not a technique i think i could do! I like them looking factory fresh!

In regards to the glossy look - it was photographed this afternoon in the sunshine so did pick up a certain amount of reflection

You should give weathering a go as you are probably missing out on one of the, if not the best parts of the build. If you never try new techniques out you'll never know.

Nicely done, it's a lovely kit to build isn't it?

Glad you didn't weather it, it's a dying skill to produce an actual model these days. Online obsession with "realism"* seems to be killing it off.

Al

*Thick black panel lines, carefully airbrushed, whitish squares inside each panel, and randomly streaked grey wash, aka "weathering"

Nicely done, it's a lovely kit to build isn't it?

Glad you didn't weather it, it's a dying skill to produce an actual model these days. Online obsession with "realism"* seems to be killing it off.

Al

*Thick black panel lines, carefully airbrushed, whitish squares inside each panel, and randomly streaked grey wash, aka "weathering"

at the end of the day - it's only for my pleasure that i build these models anyway - they are not shown for competitions or in shows etc and as i am the only aviation geek in my family - no else would appreciate it i did any weathering etc as they would only think the model was dirty!

Great looking Greif, dont think you have to worry so much about weathering an HE177 as they had such a high accident rate that I'm not sure they realy lasted long enough to get all that worn.

Looks good and like the fact you are building it for your own enjoyment rather than to show at competitions! Now, is it just me or is that big blue tailfin crying out for a hakenkreuz?

Herr General........you may be correct - i have got some Eduard kits which have them!!! so i may use one of them - they are 1/48 but considering the size of the plane - i dont think that they will look too out of place or oversized