Avro Lancastrian "Alitalia 1/72 - another small update

First of all thank you all for your interest in my model.

The work on the Lancastrian proceeds so I passed on the wings detailing the flap with the Eduard photoetched set.

It was a very tedious job and here is the result after a few hours and many ...... many ribs after.

Lanc_17_SMALL.jpg

Lanc_18_SMALL.jpg

Unmentioned so far, but the Revell wing has excessive dihedral on the outer wing panels. Not difficult to fix, seeing what you've done already!

I know the problem of the dihedral of the wings, but I do not know if correct it because, having cut off the flaps, I do not want to weaken the wing too.

I do not know, we'll see along the way.

Now is the time to detail the wheels bay, does anyone know where to get good photos of the interior?

Sebastiano

Edited by Sebastiano Tringali
  • Like 1

Looking very good!

This website of a Tamiya 1/48th build has some useful pictures of the wheel bays - not the real aircraft I know but as good as!

http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=684&Itemid=1

Tom

Great build, superb detailing on the conversion. But please watch your flap details as it looks like you've transposed them and I wouldn't want to see such a fine looking model spoilt by a minor oversight! And like everyone else, if you decide to sell the resin bits as a conversion set, I'll have one too!

Mark.

.................................. watch your flap details as it looks like you've transposed them and I wouldn't want to see such a fine looking model spoilt by a minor oversight!

Mark.

I know, good point, but I just changed them to take pictures.

....................If you decide to sell any sets of the conversion parts, count me as a customer :)

Neil

maybe the main problem is the decal sheet, I'm checking the cost to print a few dozen copies.

I will keep you updated!

Thanks to all

Sebastiano

I know the problem of the dihedral of the wings, but I do not know if correct it because, having cut off the flaps, I do not want to weaken the wing too.

I do not know, we'll see along the way.

You should be able to correct that by making a cut just outboard of the outboard engine just through the top surface of the wing. Then force the cut edges together and superglue them, bending the wing into its proper dihedral. If you can get inside through the flap cutout, you can glue some styrene strips across the cut to stiffen everything up.

Another little progress.......

Because the colors are the same of the Alitalia version, by request of a friend, I've added two BOAC version to my decal sheet........

Lancastrian_DECALrev10.jpg

and I've printed it of a self-adhesive paper sheet to make a test on the real model.............................

Lanc_21_SMALL.jpg

Lanc_22_SMALL.jpg

I've sent a copy of my sheet to BOA Decal for a quotation.....

Please if anyone notice any errors in the text or in the colors of the BOAC version, may you report it to me?

Bye for now

Sebastiano

Edited by Sebastiano Tringali

• 1 year later...

Various little problems had brought me to stop modelling.
Now these problem are partially solved, so now is time, after over two years, to unfreeze my Lancastrian and to go to complete it.

I restart working on the internal arrangement, I've scratchbuilt only 5 seats but I need 13, so I ve planned to make a resin copy.
Also I've scratchbuilt the lavatory compartment and the middle bulkhead that separated the cabin crew from the passengers.
At last I've opened the passengers entrance door on the back end of the fuselage.
Hope to post more progress soon !

Sebastiano

Lanc_27a_SMALL_zps02754352.jpg

Lanc_27_SMALL_zps0df60f82.jpg

Lanc_27b_SMALL_zps20f7ea04.jpg

Lanc_29_SMALL_zps5bce96ec.jpg

Lanc_28_SMALL_zpsa997742c.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...