2012 so far - multiple kits (now includes 2011!)

DSCN3580.jpg

DSCN3581.jpg

DSCN3582.jpg

DSCN3583.jpg

DSCN3584.jpg

DSCN3587.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

DSCN3589.jpg

DSCN3590.jpg

DSCN3594.jpg

DSCN3595.jpg

DSCN3596.jpg

DSCN3601.jpg

DSCN3602.jpg

DSCN3603.jpg

DSCN3604.jpg

DSCN3605.jpg

Here is my 2012 so far - There are another two that i have completed - 1/72 Catalina & Aifix Sunderland - but these are in PLymouth and i forgot to get pictures when i finshed them!

The Lightning was brush painted and is built OOB (no aftermarket parts at all) - this was built before i acquired an airbrush and has not had a coating of Klear as i could not find any at the time! The Canberra is also hand brushed, but has had a Klear coat brushed on afterwards.

The arado and Corsairs are both airbrushed and Klear coated - the Arado was actually a practice kit i bought just to try out my airbrush - and was very happy about the way it came out. The joint was a lot better than you can see - but i had to prise it apart part way through the build as i forgot to put the damn nose weight in before closing it up (doh!).

The Victor (and yes i know it's the wrong colour for Hemp - but i had finished painting it when the other half happened to mention that the colour seemed a little muddy!!!! ah well - never mind - it's my interpretation and none of the kits have been built for competitions or display other than for my pleasure in the house!!! Believe it or not - this is an original Matchbox kit and was in the original Matchbox box when purchased with a price tag of £2.95 on it!

I dont scratch build, or super-detail these in any way - i just dont have the skills. I will cheat now and again with some Photo etch stuff (which i did use on the canberra - but internally only) or i will use masking kits for the glazing. So these kits may take up to 2 weeks to complete - However, as i am currently not working, i have more time to spend doing them so some of the less complicated builds will only take a week or so to do.

Thank you and please do comment - but bear in mind i have only just (last august) re-started building after about 20 years off!

Edited by treker_ed

A lovely and Nicely done job. After 20 years off you haven't lost the touch and looking in good shape. Congratulations and thank you very much for sharing, its really a pleasure watching models like yours because those attitude encourage me to for God's sake finish something as soon as possible. Thank you very much again.

Thanks for all the comments - i may have had a lay over for 20 years but belive me - these are the best of the ones i have been building.

Part of the reason they look so good is as a result of looking at all your WIP and RFI on here and picking up verious ideas on how to do things as i go along. Mind you - i do also read several of the modeling magazines available (Airfix Model world, Scale Aviation Modeller International & Scale MOdel World).

The early ones i bulit are not exactly what i would class as palatable!

I'll try and post the rest of them in the next few days and you will see quite a progression as i picked up the old skills and gained new ones.

Gareth, glad you liked the Arado - it's very unusual for me to build more than one of any type of aircraft - however, as this one went together so well, and i have to admit, it has been one of my mose pleasurable quick builds (built & painted in something like 3 days!) i have gone and bought another two!

Welcome back...great builds...keep 'em coming.

Edited by jonbru1

DSCN3606.jpg

DSCN3607.jpg

DSCN3608.jpg

DSCN3609.jpg

DSCN3610.jpg

DSCN3612.jpg

DSCN3614.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3618.jpg

DSCN3619.jpg

DSCN3620.jpg

DSCN3621.jpg

DSCN3622.jpg

DSCN3623.jpg

DSCN3626.jpg

DSCN3627.jpg

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3630.jpg

DSCN3631.jpg

All these where built between Early August 2011 And end Dec 2011. they used no Masking Kits, Photo Etch, no Klear etc (basically because i didnt know they existed at the time!) And they where all hand brushed - The larger kits were certainly built with a certain amount of over ambition coupled with a lack of skills. The Venom was one of the first i built along with the Vulcan - I also have a Valiant - but this is painted so badly there is no way this is getting a picture on here! The last ones built before Christmas 2011 would be the P47 - then we go onto the Lighnting started in Jan 2012.

See i told you my early ones were pretty bad!

All these where built between Early August 2011 And end Dec 2011. they used no Masking Kits, Photo Etch, no Klear etc (basically because i didnt know they existed at the time!) And they where all hand brushed - The larger kits were certainly built with a certain amount of over ambition coupled with a lack of skills. The Venom was one of the first i built along with the Vulcan - I also have a Valiant - but this is painted so badly there is no way this is getting a picture on here! The last ones built before Christmas 2011 would be the P47 - then we go onto the Lighnting started in Jan 2012.

Getting better all the time, if you want to go back to your first ones and repaint them( seeing you reckon its no good) try spraying with oven cleaner(I use Mr Muscle) and pop in to a plastic bag (shopping carrier)24 hr then an old scrubbing brush and soapy water gets all?most of the paint off.

But always remember if they look the part to you then thats ok

Getting better all the time, if you want to go back to your first ones and repaint them( seeing you reckon its no good) try spraying with oven cleaner(I use Mr Muscle) and pop in to a plastic bag (shopping carrier)24 hr then an old scrubbing brush and soapy water gets all?most of the paint off.

But always remember if they look the part to you then thats ok

Grahame,

i have bought some mr muscle and want to strip back the Valiant that i have - but unfortunately, some of the bits are well and truly welded in (the undercarriage wont budge and i dont want to damage it!) - i also have (and this was definately ambition over skill - and because i liked the design) an Italeri 1/72 XB-70 which was painted with rattle cans and looks bloody awful!!!