1/48 Airfix Westland Lynx AH7

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2021 at 20:48, Jens said:

If I may ask, how was the cabin configured during the Gulf War?

TIA,

Jens

Blimey Jens....that's a good question. I always remember their being standard seating in the back. We could fly missiles etc out to a FARP or teams with kit they were usually in the anti tank role. I will confirm with an old Lynx pilot friend. You have to be a bit careful because they were a bit halfway house between Lynx 1, 5 and...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAAFPhot said:

Blimey Jens....that's a good question. I always remember their being standard seating in the back. We could fly missiles etc out to a FARP or teams with kit they were usually in the anti tank role. I will confirm with an old Lynx pilot friend. You have to be a bit careful because they were a bit halfway house between Lynx 1, 5 and...  

Jens. I dropped an old pilot from 4 Regt at the time. He said that there were no hard or fast rules. It depended on role but by and large seats stayed in. Some took them out altogether (one lot buried the things and Nige had to go and find them again!!). He did say (and this makes sense) that the outward facing central config was popular as it was easier to stow your kit, webbing, CARM etc. Hope that helps a bit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HAAFPhot said:

Jens. I dropped an old pilot from 4 Regt at the time. He said that there were no hard or fast rules. It depended on role but by and large seats stayed in. Some took them out altogether (one lot buried the things and Nige had to go and find them again!!). He did say (and this makes sense) that the outward facing central config was popular as it was easier to stow your kit, webbing, CARM etc. Hope that helps a bit. 

That helps a lot! Thank you very much. :)

Jens