1/350 Type 23 from Trumpeter

Rowan Broadbent

On the Trumpeter website:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/uploads/120412/7_095002_1.jpg

Mixed views on this as I expect that it was on the cards from Airfix at some point and looks as if it will just about coincide with their type 45 release. Quite clever marketing by Trumpeter but a shame for Airfix.

At this rate we'll soon have all the current RN classes available in 1/350th scale! I hope that Airfix are close in with the RN on the QE carriers - would be a shame if Trumpeter beat them to the draw on that one!

Very interesting. I don't care who produces them, (although I'd prefer it if it was Airfix). Now, how about a series of Type 22's and Type 42's in 1:350.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope that Airfix are close in with the RN on the QE carriers

And to keep it 100% accurate they will be late and more expensive than originally stated............ :wicked:

Graham

Very interesting. I don't care who produces them, (although I'd prefer it if it was Airfix). Now, how about a series of Type 22's and Type 42's in 1:350.

All I want is a Type 22 Batch 3, is that too much to ask?

Julien

I'll go for one of these handsome ships HMS Cornwall please. No hope that it will be airfix now taken out of RN service, on the way to Chile was the plan unsure if this will happen now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hopefully, if they release another version it is one of those with the Kryten turret. This the one on HMS Lancaster.

Lancaster-11-M.jpg

I suppose some of the brave/madder amongst you could try to scratch-build the turret or get out the filler and files on the Mod 0 turret included...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked mine up yesterday looks really nice, great kit for the price. Can't wait to get this started. I can't imagine that I will see too many others on this side of the pond, so it is up to me to carry the flag.

Graham

Spent a little while looking through the instructions and a few observations come to mind.

Kit includes a full hangar but only a closed door so a bit of cutting to do there. Anyone know the colour of the hangar inside, white perhaps?

Included are quite a number of vertical ladders as PE, but also quite a few moulded on, a little odd, why not all one way or the other.

Single piece hull except for the stern and helicopter desk, really nice, very little seam filling.

Very pleased so far.