This is my entry for the F16 G/B ,the kit is the Academy F 16 C ,I have been told I can use this as a N (please let me know if this is wrong)plus

bits from the spares box, cockpit out of a Hasegawa F16 resin seat and wheel bay other bits will be pulled out of the spares box as I go on .

DSCF0004abc-1.jpg

wellzy :headphones:

Edited by wellzy

Hi Wellzy

To do a proper F-16N, you must have a GE engine - the kit you use have only the PW engine. Visually the difference is very noticable.

If you have a Hasegawa F-16C Block 30 or 50, you will have what you need, if not there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives available.

Hi Wellzy

To do a proper F-16N, you must have a GE engine - the kit you use have only the PW engine. Visually the difference is very noticable.

If you have a Hasegawa F-16C Block 30 or 50, you will have what you need, if not there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives available.

OK can I just change the rear can sorry if it not got a fan on it Im lost

wellzy :wall:

OK can I just change the rear can

I believe it needs a different intake as well.

Edit: This should do. Linky Bit pricy though, especially is you need a new rear end.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

The intake is correct, but the engines are different.

I've just checked. You are quite correct. The intake on F-16Ns is the small one, so Wellzy's kit is perfectly fine. It will still need the GE back end though.

So... basically the F-16N is a weird mutant! :lol: Should make an interesting model.

Wellzy,

I just dug my Academy kit out and put the Aires F-16C Block 20/40/50/60 can (The correct one for an F-16N) against it. It is almost a perfect fit, which isn't a surprise as the Academy fuselage is identical in size to the Hasegawa one (read what you like from that, a clone maybe). The Aires F-16N cockpit would also fit without any problems if you wanted to go that far. I'll post a picture later to show how close a fit that the exhaust is.

Easily do-able from the kit you have and I'm tempted to have a bash for this group build, if I get the other 2 done in time

Pete

Great start Wellzy,

As promised, picture of Aires exhaust on same kit as yours: -

IMG_9657.jpg

With a little bit of sanding it will work perfectly. If anything it's an easier fit than on the Hasegawa.

Pete

Edited by Peter W

Great start Wellzy,

As promised, picture of Aires exhaust on same kit as yours: -

IMG_9657.jpg

With a little bit of sanding it will work perfectly. If anything it's an easier fit than on the Hasegawa.

Pete

Thanks Pete looks good

So am I Enzo the decal sheet been around for a long time so it was time ,

It`s not going to bad look like it will need some filler here and there .

DSCF0013abc.jpgDSCF0020-2.jpg

And we go on

I see what you mean Mish will not need nose weight in this one its going to

have a lot of filler up the nose end. the first two photo`s should have been posted

with last nights.

DSCF0021abc.jpgDSCF0022abc.jpg

now for todays work

DSCF0027-1.jpg

more filler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wellzy