1/32 Academy F-16C OOB

• 2 months later...

Still trying to figure out what that mouse thing is behind the seat?

Clean work thus far. I like the fade job on the upper surfaces-nice. I worked a couple fo those Ohio jets in the late 90s, when they were on loan to us for Raptor chase.

BTW, you ought to know that the Viper subject you're building is a Block 30. The Academy kit can only be built as a Heavy Weight Gear (HWG) variant; Block 40-52. If concerned, you will need the light weight gear, smaller LWG wheels/brakes, non bulged MLG doors, standard (thiiner) MLG door retract brackets. No AM coversion for this exist yet, but the parts (Tamiya) can be bought per sprue from Tamiya. A lot of graft-and-fit will be in order, but I've seen it done.

Mike V

Still trying to figure out what that mouse thing is behind the seat?

Clean work thus far. I like the fade job on the upper surfaces-nice. I worked a couple fo those Ohio jets in the late 90s, when they were on loan to us for Raptor chase.

BTW, you ought to know that the Viper subject you're building is a Block 30. The Academy kit can only be built as a Heavy Weight Gear (HWG) variant; Block 40-52. If concerned, you will need the light weight gear, smaller LWG wheels/brakes, non bulged MLG doors, standard (thiiner) MLG door retract brackets. No AM coversion for this exist yet, but the parts (Tamiya) can be bought per sprue from Tamiya. A lot of graft-and-fit will be in order, but I've seen it done.

Mike V

It is a block 30, it received it's scheduled gear replacement (where it received the heavy duty gear) in 2007 just prior to being reassigned to the AL ANG. I'll eventually find some strengthening plates that I'll add to it later

Edited by llking

Not sure where you heard that from but none of the USAF/ANG Block 30s have had the HWG upgrade. Only the IAF and HAF Block 30s have the mod, and that was done during production. You're talking about two main bulkhead changes (279 and 341) which requires the jet to be broken into 3 sections.

This recent F-16 landing gear time change is a rebuild of the Aircraft's gear. We just finished up the last our our Viper gear time changes; both Heavy and Light Weight gear sets.

Even so, I really like what you've done with this one-nice.

Mike V

Not sure where you heard that from but none of the USAF/ANG Block 30s have had the HWG upgrade. Only the IAF and HAF Block 30s have the mod, and that was done during production. You're talking about two main bulkhead changes (279 and 341) which requires the jet to be broken into 3 sections.

This recent F-16 landing gear time change is a rebuild of the Aircraft's gear. We just finished up the last our our Viper gear time changes; both Heavy and Light Weight gear sets.

Even so, I really like what you've done with this one-nice.

Mike V

Let it go mate. It's no big deal. If it is such a big deal to ou then buy a kit and fix it up yourself.

Let it go? What are you talking about? There’s nothing to let go. I was simply explaining the “fact” that no USAF Block 30s have had the heavy weight gear mod. Not sure why you’re reading so much more into than that, but facts are facts.

He may have received the wrong information or misread it, but none the less it’s been pointed out, even though it’s too late now. And as I said before, it’s still a great build, despite not being a true Block 30 F-16 model.

So you might want to get a clue before making accusations.

Mike V