Tamiya 1/48 Fw-190A8

Thanks guys,

Have just sparyed the red aileron/rudder/ elavator tabs. Have sprayed the little patch behind the colwing that had some yellow overspray. Have also noticed that the prop has come ajar from the hub inside the spinner. Have added some glue in behind the prop and hoping it takes. If not, will have to have another go tomorrow. It has come off due to me continually pulling/pushing the prop on/off...another rookie mistake I guess :wacko:

It has come off due to me continually pulling/pushing the prop on/off...another rookie mistake I guess :wacko:

Well of course it does!!! Didn't you pay attention at all those "health" lectures going through recruit training??? :D

The build is looking good there mate!

Regards,

Decals on. All are Tamiya OOB with the exception of the fuselage crosses and the Kagero white 2's and Apache head, both of which were super thin and went down with little fuss.

Happy in the most part, with the exception of the wing walk lines, which Tamiya decide must stop at a point as they expect you to do a cannon equipped version and have the breech bulges on the wing top surface. I filled them in with some leftover dotted lines I had from an old Hasegawa sheet, look ok but are a different dash spacing. May represent in real life a different painted line as the aircraft may have previously had those fitted...maybe?

Just waiting for the decals to set properly after a couple of attacks of Micro set and then it will be clear matt coated tonight in preparation for weathering and further assembly. And yes, I fixed the prop issue with some glue and perseverance.

011-7.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

014-8.jpg

015-7.jpg

016-1.jpg

Undercarriage on, seat attached, cannon barrels attached, weathering done with pastels and silver pencil, only the canopy and a few little tidbits to go. Should have her done by the end of the weekend, or if not, early next week. Very happy with the look of her, up there with one of my best at this late stage, let's see if I can keep it looking as fine in the closing stages. And sorry for the pics, taken on new Iphone.

004-23.jpg

005-20.jpg

006-18.jpg

007-15.jpg

009-12.jpg

And she's finished...with 6 days to spare.

Additions:

True Details seat

True Details wheels

Quickboost pitot (end part broken off near the end of the build and replaced with a thin piece of wire)

Gunze paints

Weathered with pastels and silver pencil

Washed with a water and pastel mix

Guns and cannons hollowed out with a small drill bit

Thin wire to replicate brake lines and thinned Tamiya tape to represent attaching straps

004-24.jpg

005-21.jpg

008-19.jpg

009-13.jpg

011-8.jpg

013-7.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-1.jpg

And the Luftwaffe representation in full:

020.jpg

021-2.jpg

Edited by kpc7676

Well done buddy. You can be proud of the result. :beer: At the rate you are churning out finished builds, you will have to get more display space! :whistle:

Regards

Thanks mate,

Still have around two shelves worth of space in this cabinet, so still plenty of room for additions.

:clap2: Outstanding job Kev.

Nice collection as well.

Are you going to be entering the Bf109 GB?

Steve

Yep Steve,

For sure. Not too sure though what with. I have a 32 scale Bf-109K ready to go, and also want to do a 48 scale G-6 and an F of some variant. Will decide closer to the time.

Happy to announce that this kit won first place in the NSW Model Expo Medium A/C 1922-1945 Axis category today against some very tough competition :yahoo::D Very happy with the result, now I have to figure out how to replicate the result next year!

Happy to announce that this kit won first place in the NSW Model Expo Medium A/C 1922-1945 Axis category today against some very tough competition :yahoo::D Very happy with the result, now I have to figure out how to replicate the result next year!

Well done buddy, well done!

Regards