My Stompa!

6037793586_8772408bae.jpg

New poster here, I posted a few pics of my finished military vehicles a little while back so thought I would post this in here.

This is the centerpiece of my 40k Ork army - my Stompa with Forge World head. Had an absolute ball painting this one. Lots of sponged on coats of paint, washed and powders. The mould line on the chainsword arm has since been sorted - amazing what you miss until you see a photograph of your 'finished' model!

I can recommend both volumes of Imperial Armour Modelling Masterclass from Forge World to anybody making any Sci-Fi/near future stuff. Pure inspiration!

It's a great kit. The head from mine came from Forge World, they do all sorts of weird weapon upgrades too.

Luckily I got the Stompa kit sealed from Ebay for thirty notes, so coupled with the FW head kit it didn't add up to much more than the standard kit! Still haven't had a chance to use the thing though. Here is a naff photo of it stood next to a bastion, one of 2 I've been painting for my friends ice world board...

7056358371_19f6168f88.jpg

Cor, even for the rrp its a lot of model. i have a forge world mega dread thats half way through the paint shop. How are the bastions? i have my eye on one

Bastions are pretty cool. The one in the pic above is actually made from two, I think we copied it from a White Dwarf battle report - or it may be in the Planetstrike book, I forget. Either way it shows the modular nature of the kit. There is another standard one, in the same scheme, I finished earlier today. The subtle camo effect hasn't really come out in that photo!

Considering the price of the figures, I think GW's scenery sets are generally good value and well thought out. The landing pad is great too.

The guy who has the ice world is doing wolves. They look like some really intricate kits, with lots of cool options. I was tempted - but went with Astral Claws for my Marine army. I have a guard force so I can ally them and run them using the Tyrant's Legion list in the FW Badab War book.

Orks are my favourite army to paint though. I did a quick tot up earlier and I have well ove 3k in the current edition! How's the mega dred coming along? I'd love one of those!

The dread sort of fell by the wayside when the wolf cavalry were released. Im eagerly awaiting my Mega paint sets delivery (hopefully on tuesday) so i can get my wolves started then ill get back to the orks. Got a truck, the dread, and an orked up baneblade ready to paint.

Might get a bastion then would make a good display piece.

Very nice! What are the cream coloured bits on the Blood Claws?

And more importantly, when do we get to see them with some paint slapped on?!

resin Copies wolf helmets and torso's with pelts, I wanted them to look like a squad. I need to cast up a few more torso's and shoulderpads before paint can begin

I have been painting the wolf cavalery and an imperial griphon in the meantime ill get some pictures up later.

So you cast your own copies of parts eh? Interesting!

Look forward to seeing more!