I may join in on this one in a few weeks....still to be confirmed, but if I do, it will be a Hasegawa 1/48 kit of some sort.

And very keen to see how those building the Kinetic kit go with the fitment of resin ejection seats. I gave up on my kit after I couldn't get the AM seats I had to fit. I also hated cleaning up the ejector marks all over the place (mainly inside the intake). It will be interesting to see how others go with them.

If I don't join, I will still get plenty of interest out of everyone's trials and tribulations.

Don't know if this is a bit of a long shot but someone might be able to help me out. :)

I've got another F-16 that I'm planning on doing for this group build but I can't find the decals anywhere! I've got a Hasegawa F16C that I want to do in the 140th Colorado ANG 'Mile High Militia' livery. The only availabel scheme I can find is from the twobobs Tiger Meet of America 2001 set here but I don't know if this set is out of print as it's not on the twobobs website and the only Tiger Meet of America F16's are the ones from 2005.

Anyone have these left from where they have built one of the others in the set or have the whole set floating around?

Or, if anyone else knows of a decal set that depicts this jet (the middle one) that would be a massive help. :)

Edited by DannyB

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a shot in the dark as to whether this will be allowed under the rules...I have this kit in my stash and would like to enter the GB as my second entry

002.jpg

Now...I realise its not a 'full size' one, however the markings are realistic, it says F-16 on the box...so? What do the hosts think? I am going to build it at some point in the near future for my nephew but I thought it would be a bit of fun and a new eggs-perience for the GB

Can I have a ruling please? :D

Thanks! And yeah, it is about fun - I think it looks like an F-16...a little tubby perhaps and I am doing a 'proper' one as well!

In addition to the decals below, I have the underwing pylons (incl. TERs) from the Hasegawa F-16N boxing going free to a good home. Includes two AIM-9L Sidewinders.

Anybody want these decals:

Superscale 48-480 F-16N VF-43 + VF-45. Decal for VF-43 is out of register, packaging is opened. Sheet is untouched.

Drop me a PM if they float your boat.

DSC00884.JPG

Parabat

Edited by Parabat

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party (VERY late!)... but may I join the build?

Opened up my old Hasegawa 32nd scale F-16A a few days ago - trying to get myself back to starting, building and completing a model!

Kit is this one:

f16atriclr.jpg

with Aires PE, Quickboost ACES II and Superscale Arkansas ANG decals.

ps. I have an old Waldron cockpit placards set and a Cutting Edge resin ACES II [without seatbelts] which are available for anyone who wants them. Just drop me a PM if you're interested.

Kev

OK chaps/chapesses

My Kinetic -C build has now been sanded to a satisfactory state - I have a question...the panels and rows of rivets shown on the lower and upper wings - how realistic is this before I obliterate or reinstate? I have looked at about a dozen or more walkarounds but what I need is a walkOVER or walkUNDER for the wings. Does anyone have a clue, or can point me to a photograph?

TIA

• 1 month later...

Just start a new construction thread, there are no hard rules on names on lists, the drive to get people to sign up and put their names on the list is usually to get the initial commitment. Once the GB is rolling, there are usually a few late comers who jump on the bandwgon when they see they're missing out!

What scheme/country you going for?

Just start a new construction thread, there are no hard rules on names on lists, the drive to get people to sign up and put their names on the list is usually to get the initial commitment. Once the GB is rolling, there are usually a few late comers who jump on the bandwgon when they see they're missing out!

What scheme/country you going for?

RNAF, the one with the amazon with the bow.

More info in the new thread. :)

Thanks a lot for your help and advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for.hosting this GB David, I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's Vipers being built and There're some cracking builds on here. Thanks for the time you've invested and I hope you've enjoyed it too.