Airbrush quick release coupling issues

tinytuco

Hi guys...

What the "%*& is going on here...

Bought a 2 quick release couplings from an ebay seller - both leaked where the 2 couplings join together (not on airbrush or hose connections)

Response - "never had this problem before" (surprise surprise) send back and will refund.

Bought 2 from a different seller - (airbrushsupplyonline) and the same problem - both leaking in exactly the same place.

I have tried that white tape stuff and stops it a little but still air leaking - tried it on all connections - shouldnt have to have this c$%%^y white tape hanging off my iwata airbrush to get this thing working.

Has anybody had similar issues to this? Any way of getting these to work "air leak free".

Rapidly losing my patience with these "£$% fittings, going to email seller now.

Thanks

Tuco

Edited by tinytuco

I have had similar issues - I know you have said you have used some PTFE tape, but that worked for me on two couplings that I thought were u/s. I wound the PTFE tape around the MAC valve screw thread and the male thread connection into the hose. The other thing I found with PTFE tape is not to be shy - wind it clockwise round the thread and any excess will be cut away by the female screw. You should then be able to tidy up any tape that is 'hanging' out to sort out any aesthetic issues. If PTFE tape does not work, you really are extraordinarily unlucky :hmmm:

It strikes me that if you've had 4 units from different sellers, there's either a bad batch doing the rounds, or it's something you're doing when you're fitting them? Got any photos of how you've put them together?

I just got a qrc for my badger 100 and an iwata eclipse from airbrushes.com with no probs at all.

I didn't even have to use ptfe.

Sounds like a dodgy batch made it from the bin to ebay - no surprise there!

Thanks Allyboy,

At my wits end I have now used a different hose, PTFE taped both male connection ends, nice and thick, and tried it....

NO LEAKING!!!!!!!

So tried the old hose with same amount of PTFE tape and it still leaks..

Dodgy hose!!

Thx....

Tuco :winkgrin:

BUT!!??

Why doesnt the hose (if its dodgy) leak when its connected straight to the iwata (WITHOUT PTFE TAPE??)? :unsure:

I guess I've just got to accept that its working now and bin the other hose (or keep it for the most direst of emergencies........)

I can now quick connect between my 2 airbushes :speak_cool:

Thx for all the help and advice guys :winkgrin:

Tuco :winkgrin:

But you said in your first post that they leaked where they join together not at the hose side, would this explain why the hose doesn't leak when it's connected direct to the airbrush :huh:

But you said in your first post that they leaked where they join together not at the hose side, would this explain why the hose doesn't leak when it's connected direct to the airbrush :huh:

Yes I did, And it seemes very much like it - when you moved the coupling connection you heard an air leak ( i had tape on both other connections) What would you think? - when in fact moving the coupling connection also moved the connection to the hose.

Easy to get that wrong.