Westland Lynx versions (Navy)

Lynx7

It's fine to keep the cost down by using legacy parts, but they would have to be able to deliver them on time for it to be acceptable, wouldn't they? ;)

My guess is that the average airframe total is around 2,000 hours (based on approx. 200 hours per year since the upgrade). Before the Mk. 90B upgrade there were more airframes and hours available... :wacko:

It still is a good-looking helicopter though, and I am really looking forward to seeing the Airfix ones I have just ordered.

Jens

Wow, they are low hours. Most of ours are knocking on the door of 7000 hours at present. But thats insignificant when some of our Bell 212's are 15000+! Yep, can't wait to see an Airfix Lynx in shiny Danish blue :D

Edited by Lynx7

The Algerian Lynx 300 has the bench fuel tank available as a fit as well- I'm one of the "dung Trumpets" out in country :D (along with a certain diminuitive ex-blue eagle as well!).

I believe they were expected to have exceeded 3,000 hours by now. As I remember it with the Mk. 80s/90s we aimed for 2,400 hours per year with eight airframes. Needless to say we haven't quite been able to reach the target.

Jens

The Algerian Lynx 300 has the bench fuel tank available as a fit as well- I'm one of the "dung Trumpets" out in country :D (along with a certain diminuitive ex-blue eagle as well!).

Send Ritchie my regards ;)

Thank you for that. All printed off and packed in with the kit.

Martin the Not Quite So Confused Anymore

Edited by martin hale

Thanks Garry.

I am uploading the pictures one tail number at the time, which also means that I have had to re-structure the Lynx gallery. It is now divided into Mark and tail number:

Danish Lynx gallery

I still have four tail numbers to scan and upload so expect more to be added.

Jens

Thanks Garry.

I am uploading the pictures one tail number at the time, which also means that I have had to re-structure the Lynx gallery. It is now divided into Mark and tail number:

Danish Lynx gallery

I still have four tail numbers to scan and upload so expect more to be added.

Jens

Wow, Jens! Probably the most comprehensive collection of Mk90 photos anywhere, ever! Brilliant mate, lovely pics.

Thanks Lynx7. I have just added pictures of S-181. Only three to go now.

If you have any information to share with us from looking at my pictures, please feel free to link to them here. It couldn't be done for a better cause, could it?! ;)

Jens

I have just finished uploading another set of Lynx photos to: My Lynx gallery at www.amarc.dk.

They include the Danish Lynx Mk. 80, Mk. 90A and Mk. 90B as well as a German Navy Lynx Mk. 88A and the Dutch Navy Lynx SH-14D that crashed in Libya.

Jens

Jens, thanks for the link. Those pictures are awesome! I think my build might well end up being another super detailing job, it would be criminal to waste all that information. Unless someone comes up with something pretty spectacular in the way of colourful decals my first build will certainly have to be a Danish Lynx.

Martin

My pleasure Martin. I will add more pictures if I find them. ;)

I have no choice but to start out with a Danish Lynx, but I'd also love to build a RN Lynx from the Falklands War (earlier version I know, but I can wait). I will be difficult to decide on only one or two once the decal sheets start hitting the market. ;)

Jens

I just found another set of photos of German and Royal Navy Lynx. I wonder whether it will ever stop... :wacko:

Jens

Hi Jens, Maybe we need to start a Lynx special interest group (SIG), there is a lot of milage in this subject. OK it's taken forty years but everyone is waking up to the Lynx as a great subject.

Colin on the Africa Station

I'll have to keep my Lynx modelling to a minimum (i.e. a Danish Mk. 80 and a Mk. 90B, a Falklands RN, a Gulf War Army and Op Herrick RM one). I have too many other kits to build too. :)

Jens

Hi Jens, Maybe we need to start a Lynx special interest group (SIG), there is a lot of milage in this subject. OK it's taken forty years but everyone is waking up to the Lynx as a great subject.

Colin on the Africa Station

What a good idea! I think I can personally contribute about 20 models so far :D

With 35+ versions, it has plenty of mileage.

I have just finished uploading another set of Lynx photos to: My Lynx gallery at www.amarc.dk.

They include the Danish Lynx Mk. 80, Mk. 90A and Mk. 90B as well as a German Navy Lynx Mk. 88A and the Dutch Navy Lynx SH-14D that crashed in Libya.

More German Lynx Mk. 88A pictures have been added (also to the existing galleries).

I have scanned and uploaded some RN Lynx HAS.3 pictures too.

Jens