1/32 scale Tornado- Desert Storm

I would love to build one of these, my Dad was on 14 Sqn in the Gulf.

hope you will give it a shot.....i'm sure you dad will have tons of photographs and references....

hope you will be able to share some of those great shots ....if possible...

best of luck

Hi All,

i wanted to share my first ever project - the 1/32 scale Tornado - desert storm version.

this is my fav. aircraft of all time and have captured my imagination ever since the first time i saw it . Trully a marvel

Pls enjoy

the pics are loaded at: http://www.flickr.co...ith/7038038769/

Also thank you to all the members who have been sharing their progress pics...and builds. it has been a great source of inspiration and help.

best regards

shan

GULFTORNADO-2.gif

GULFTORNADO.gif

23.gif

22.gif

21.gif

20copy.gif

18.gif

17.gif

16.gif

12.gif

9.gif

7.gif

6.gif

5.gif

4.gif

3.gif

1.gif

Gorgeous Nado takes me back!.

May I suggest a few things to make your Diorama better? because I see easy to fix common faults that I see repeated on many dioramas.

You need to look at the "logic" of your diorama.

Why the paveways? you can't carry JP 233 and them together, and you would never see live 1000lb bombs just lying around on the flightline, (very dangerous!). If they are there to be loaded to another (not in the picture!) jet they would always be on a bomb trolley (Type S or maybe one on a loader) but never parked in front of a aircraft, armed or otherwise. If the gun accidently went off on the ground, what might the bullets hit?

By the way you would never see PW II just on the ground,anywhere. It would do terminal damage to the tail/guidance.

All Aircraft when Armed display a yellow Aircraft Armed notice, and yellow Aircraft Armed signs would always be seen in front and behind the jet.

do you think a fire extinguisher might be a good idea to have around an Armed jet?

I think you are OK with the nose panel open as this is seen on ready to go Tornado's, but remember a hard and fast rule for any future dioramas; in real life you never do maintenance on a armed aircraft.

Another thing often seen, You never see an armed Aircraft in a maintenance hangar!

Selwyn

Edited by Selwyn

Hi Selwyn

thanks for your comments....as i mentioned in some of my comments....i wish to get the flighpath series of the ground equiptment...etc to do a diorama.

I dont have the experteese yet, a i am new to the hobby and would like to try everything at one go...so the diorama is definately my next attempt.

as for the jp233 and the lgb's, i actually did the lgb's first, but along the way, the hobby shop has the jp233.... and i decided to go with the jp233's...and yes the armed aircraft signs are included in the flighpath series...which i need to purchase...

thanks again for your comments and pointers.

Hi Selwyn

thanks for your comments....as i mentioned in some of my comments....i wish to get the flighpath series of the ground equiptment...etc to do a diorama.

I dont have the experteese yet, a i am new to the hobby and would like to try everything at one go...so the diorama is definately my next attempt.

as for the jp233 and the lgb's, i actually did the lgb's first, but along the way, the hobby shop has the jp233.... and i decided to go with the jp233's...and yes the armed aircraft signs are included in the flighpath series...which i need to purchase...

thanks again for your comments and pointers.

Shan

I will disagree with you , You may be new to the hobby but seeing that lovely Tornado the expertise is already there!

Selwyn

No way is that a first build?!

Stupendous work, you've a natural talent for this sort of thing - can't wait for your next build.

(Ignore anybody who may point out that that many panels should not be open whilst the plane is loaded....)

No way is that a first build?!

Stupendous work, you've a natural talent for this sort of thing - can't wait for your next build.

(Ignore anybody who may point out that that many panels should not be open whilst the plane is loaded....)

Hi Dakenba,,,, the truth is that i may have had an upperhand, as i studies Architecture for 8 years and was doing a lot of scale models of houses and apartments....so as the hobby shop owner in singapore also commented that my experience in Architecture came in handy.....

but my best guidance and references came from this website and the ARC forums...expecially the work in progress section.....they are of great help.

thanks again for your kind comments...........

currently trying the 1/32 scale harrier from trumpeter........ i am really being challenged...there's a lot of fit problems and need to rescribe almost everything.....started to make lots of mistakes and have to attempt to undo them...

Thanks Selwyn, truth is there we quite a lot to improve on...i'm trying out the 1/32 scale trumpeter harrier....i do see myself improving...

i still have a wish to attempt a complete diorama for the tornado.....i was hoping that trumpeter will realease the jaguar, but till date, there hasnt been any promising signs.....hopefully i can complete a diorama with them beside each other.....it may not be accurate as they would have been in 2 complete diff airbasese or squadrons.....

nice Tornado!

MiG Eater is my favorite desert storm Tonka! I love the shark eating the Fulcrum!

ciao

Ale

Hi Ale, yes it seems to be the most popular Tornado...over the years i have been hoping that Discovery Channel would make a documentary of that mission , just like the History Channels "Dogfight" series...but it doesnt seem to be happening...just keeping my fingers crossed

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...