1/32 scale Tornado- Desert Storm

• 4 weeks later...

Superb work and an excellent paint job. Subtle and realistic - it took me a few seconds to realise I'd scrolled down from what I took to be the the real thing to yours and another few seconds to realise that I'd been fooled by your Photoshop work...

Edited by Scratcher

Exelant rendition. However inacurate, I like the all opened up look to your setting.

I love the head on shot especialy. (all us 'Tornadoaholics' have to stay together)

Whoa!! wish i had this picture during painting and weatherring.

thanks...wow i just realized, did you serve in Desert Storm? The aircarft does not show the full mission markings as the model and its in white not red. This must be during the conflict...

wow again

Edited by shan

To put quite simply: WOW! Now that is very impressive.

Eren

Hi Eren, Is that Bruce Dickinson in that pic? Iron Maiden is my fav all time band. I managed to attend their shown in Singapore last year!!! after all these years..

Wow, you got to meet the man!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant work. Love it. Which brand of kit is this one? I have to get myself one of these. She Who Must Be Obeyed will be most impressed when I purchase another one.

Regards,

Steve

Did I read that this was your first project ever? Like the first model you ever made? Absolutely amazing! My first project's glue hadn't even dried before I managed to bin it! What are you planning for an encore? Wow, congratulations are in order for this Tornado. Just a fantastic bit of modelling there!

Cheers,

Bill

Brilliant work. Love it. Which brand of kit is this one? I have to get myself one of these. She Who Must Be Obeyed will be most impressed when I purchase another one.

Regards,

Steve

Greetings Steve, its the Revelle kit.

Revelle Tornado

No regrets on this kit. its quite detailed and the fit is quite good too. My problem was that i took too long to complete the kit, due to deciding to go to university at the age of 33, getting married, buying a home, starting a family...etc..the list goes on and on. I have lost quite a few part and had to buy aftermarket part...etc.

I do recommend the Tac Scale dynamics cockpit set , the paragon jp233, paragon / flightpath flaps and slats and the SAC white metal landing gear.

it really was fun putting the kit together.... i hope you have as much if not more fun with the kit when you decide to get one.

best regards

shan

Did I read that this was your first project ever? Like the first model you ever made? Absolutely amazing! My first project's glue hadn't even dried before I managed to bin it! What are you planning for an encore? Wow, congratulations are in order for this Tornado. Just a fantastic bit of modelling there!

Cheers,

Bill

Greetings Bill,

its the fist serious attempt on a model with the use of putty, airbrush, aftermarket stuff...etc. I did some about 15 years ago , but just for the fun of it without painting...etc. It's something i've always wanted to try..seriously....remembering how my dad bought me a model thinking that it was a complete model and both of us was puzzled looking at it in pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. we had fun putting it together. it was an airfix beaufighter 1/72 scale. i was probably about 10 years old. I grew up in Malaysia and models were a very rare thing. there were only 2 brands, airfix and matchbox.....

so now that the kid has grown up,...no holds barred...i want to try everything and the Tornado is one aircarft that had captured my imagination since the first time i laid eyes on it and i was in college when desert storm broke out and i was amazed looking at the coverage showing the tornado's carrying out their missions in iraq.

Thanks again for the compliments.

best regards

shan

Greetings Steve, its the Revelle kit.

Revelle Tornado

No regrets on this kit. its quite detailed and the fit is quite good too. My problem was that i took too long to complete the kit, due to deciding to go to university at the age of 33, getting married, buying a home, starting a family...etc..the list goes on and on. I have lost quite a few part and had to buy aftermarket part...etc.

I do recommend the Tac Scale dynamics cockpit set , the paragon jp233, paragon / flightpath flaps and slats and the SAC white metal landing gear.

it really was fun putting the kit together.... i hope you have as much if not more fun with the kit when you decide to get one.

best regards

shan

Thanks Shan,

I did realise that if I had read the title of your post the kit was actually stated. I guess that is what happens in old age. There are lots of things that keep us from modelling duties.

Steve

• 3 months later...

Sean

this is stunning mate, is this the hobby boss kit, brilliant work, love it love it

Mike

Thanks for the compliments Mike, This is the Revelle Kit with the paragon super detail cockpit, jp233 and flaps and slats. I truly loved working on this model and its the aircraft that captured my imagination during the gulf war conflict.....i was in college and i bought a portable tv just to stay tuned to the daily news coverage. The RAF tornado's were quite frequently shown on the BBC and CNN networks. And dont you just love the RAF nose art?

Thanks again....

currently building the 1/32 scale harrier by trumpeter....its quite a challenge- lots of fit problems unlike the revelle kit which was a pleasant experience to work with.

Without doubt, one ot the nicest GW tonkas I have seen.....

Thank you very much for your compliments, i am really dumbfounded with all the words of encouragement especially when i am quite new to the hobby.

it was something that i've always wanted to try growing up, but it was a very expensive hobby back in the 70's and 80's in Malaysia. Now that i've grown up...the little spark reignited and i find it quite therapeutic, taking my mind off work stress and i am starting to appreciate warplanes...etc.

Thanks again