1/72 Revell Viper Nest

Hi Gang,

One of my favorite kits to come out in the last 10 years (give or take) are the Revell line of F-16 kits. Just about any block and variant can be built with the numerous conversion sets available for this kit (or with a little work, sets made for other F-16 kits), so here we go-

First up, an F-16A Netz of the Israeli Air Force (Negev Squadron). The vertical tail/rudder base had to be modified as the first issues of this kit did not have the non-parabrake tail base for A/B F-16s. The rear of the tail base came from a C model, and the antenna at the back end reshaped. I also added the all the necessary IDF/AF antennas and chaff/flare dispensers from plastic scrap. The decals are from Isradecal, paint is a combination of Humbrol and Model Masters.

100_4908.jpg

100_4909.jpg

Next up, an F-16C Barak of the Israeli Air Force (Knights Of The North Squadron). This also required the tail base to be modified (added the parabrake housing discarded from the kit that I used above). Resin pour stubs and scrap styrene were used to make the rest of parts needed for the IAF specific bits. The Python IV missiles were scratchbuilt using styrene rod and sheet. Isradecals were used for the markings, paint is a combination of Humbrol and Model Masters.

6.jpg

11.jpg

Here is an F-16C of the Colorado Air National Guard, in Tiger Meet Of The Americas markings (circa 2001). Twobobs Decals, Model Master paints. This was built straight from the box with no modifications. The ACMI Pod is from a Hasegawa weapons set-

100_7556.jpg

100_7554.jpg

This time we have an F-16A MLu of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. The markings are from the kit and depict the Dutch F-16 that downed a Serbian MiG-29 during Operation Allied Force. Again this was built OOB (except the intake cover obviously) The weapons and targeting pod are from a Hasegawa weapons set. The finish is Model Master paints.

DCP_2995.jpg

DCP_2994.jpg

Another USAF F-16C, this time with decals to depict 'Code One Candy', an F-16 out of South Carolina that participated in Operation Desert Storm. CBUs and racks are from Hasegawa, the sidewinders, ECM pod, and fuel tanks are from the kit. The decals are from the short lived Isradecal Elite line, paint is Model Masters (except for the lighter gray on the lower surfaces, that Humbrol Light Ghost Gray).

DCP_3544.jpg

DCP_3554.jpg

DCP_3552.jpg

Last but not least, an F-16B of the Israeli Air Force (Defenders of the South Squadron). This is my first inflight build up. Not a lot of mods were needed to convert this to an IAF F-16 (which was the main reason for building this :lol:), just two additional antennas is all. The 600 gallon wing tanks and pylons are from a Hasegawa F-2B kit, and the Pave Penny is a modified HARM targeting and pylon. The GBU-10 LGBs and sidewinders are from the kit. The finish is Humbrol and Model Master combo, the decals from Isradecal. The base was done by my lovely wife.

100_7525.jpg

100_7522.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Alby

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments. I've got a Michigan Air National Guard F-16 in progress right now and hopefully a big spine F-16D will be joining the bunch later this year. Vipers everywhere oh my!

Cheers,

Alby