Here's one I made earlier

For the past couple of days I've been trying to decide whether or not to post these, but then Mike goes and creates a new home for us, so here they are.

This isn't a new build; it's been gathering dust on my shelf for the last fifteen or twenty years, so please forgive the more egregious faults. It's the Ogunek 1/30 scale Soyuz - the boxtop (photo taken from the Ninfinger website) actually depicts Soyuz 19, the craft which docked with an Apollo CSM in 1975 (you can tell by the 'petals' of the docking system visible at the extreme right) while the kit itself is an earlier version.

ogon4498.jpg

The model is virtually straight from the box except that I painted over the non-existent windows in the Re-Entry Module and used strips of plastic card so the three sections would fit tightly together but could be separated when required.

PIC_0081-1.jpgPIC_0082.jpg

PIC_0083.jpgPIC_0088.jpg

PIC_0084.jpgPIC_0086.jpg

PIC_0087.jpg

You don't often see these built. Nice job!

I've got a couple of these Soyuz kits in my stash. One will become Soyuz 19 while the second kit acts as backup. Then, assuming I don't need to use the second kit, I'll build it stock or turn it into another variant.

You don't often see these built. Nice job!

I've got a couple of these Soyuz kits in my stash. One will become Soyuz 19 while the second kit acts as backup. Then, assuming I don't need to use the second kit, I'll build it stock or turn it into another variant.

Thank you.

If you're doing yours as Soyuz 19 then presumably you're going to scratchbuild a Docking Module and combine it with the Monogram CSM - I don't think the difference in scale (1/30 - 1/32) would be too evident.

Thank you.

If you're doing yours as Soyuz 19 then presumably you're going to scratchbuild a Docking Module and combine it with the Monogram CSM - I don't think the difference in scale (1/30 - 1/32) would be too evident.

That is the plan all right. I've heard that the Soyuz might actually be a little closer to 1/31 afterall and since the shapes are totally different from an Apollo CSM, nobody will really be able to tell the scale difference. Now the tricky bit I would like to try is to perhaps make the docking module as a cutaway like the CSM. So that I can showcase the handshake in space. But I don't entirely know exactly how I will pull that off. We shall see.

BTW, what coloring did you use for your Soyuz? It looks like a pretty good match to early "Soyuz Green" from what I can see. Were there any pitfalls with the model, or did it fit together reasonably well?

BTW, what coloring did you use for your Soyuz? It looks like a pretty good match to early "Soyuz Green" from what I can see. Were there any pitfalls with the model, or did it fit together reasonably well?

I don't recall any particular problems - as I said it's some years since I built it but it did go together quite easily. Just be careful of all the antennas and things sticking out - inspection of the model does reveal that there seems to be a rendezvous antenna missing from the left side of the Orbital Module.

As for the colour - simple Humbrol Dark Green as far as I remember.