Mil Mi-1 Hare - Tintin and the Picaros

wkennerley

Hi All, hope I can enter with this one - Gran Ltd Mil Mi-1 as the helicopter in the Tintin and the Picaros cartoon, which I am sure was on TV sometime, just cannot recall when or what channel - Photos below are screenshots from the DVD - Decals are from Blue Rider Comic Designs - Their colour call out says the chopper was green, which may have been right for the Tintin book, however the one in the DVD is brown so I am going with that.

Screenshots

MilMi-1TintinandthePicaros_01.jpg

MilMi-1TintinandthePicaros_02.jpg

MilMi-1TintinandthePicaros_03.jpg

Kit

IMG_6102.jpg

Edited by wkennerley

Hey yeah, I'm watching this one. I've got the A Models Mi-1 & the blue rider decals, I've got all their Tintin ones in fact & some will be new kits like the Mi-1 but other will be kits of my youth resurrected. Looking forward to it.

Steve.

Not much progress, have cleaned up a few parts and glues hte main fuselage halves together - Not the best of kits, am struggling a bit with where parts fit, but am getting there - Photos hopefully early next week

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like you have got over the worst of the build and have a nice looking helicopter there, good luck with the painting and decalling and look forward to seeing it in a ready for inspection soon.

Thanks for entering

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work so far. I'm very interested to learn your experiences with the Blue Rider decals, as I have the same aircraft under construction using the Amodel-kit, for a Russian helicopter group build over here: http://www.modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewtop...196&t=36767

In Dutch I'm afraid but pictures say more than enough, don't they? And like stevehnz (and maybe you too?) I have a stack of kits for a Tintin-series: the Airfix Tiger Moth, Revell Ar196A and a Hasegawa Mosquito are under way, as is the Mi-1. Yet to start: bashing the mongrel 109 from two or three kits and the Airfix Chipmunk. Good luck with your Hare!

Hi dukalf, I should get around to decalling this afternoon, I can then let you know what the decals are like. I had a look at your A-model Hare, looks as bad as this one with bits not lining up etc - I replaced the vertical strut on the undercarriage with metal tubing on mine, the horizontals were ok. As to a stash of Tintin, I don't really have one though I have the mosquito decals so I will have to acquire a kit for that.

Cheers

Wayne

Thanks for your reply. I'll check later today to see how you got on with the decals. As for a Mosquito, I have both an elderly Airfix and a Hasegawa and both have their problems. Shapewise the Airfix is acceptable, but it's covered in huge rivets and as with most older Airfix kits, it's a lot of work. The Hasegawa fits fine, but has a serious shape issue just ahead of the windscreen and just as little detail inside as the Airfix. Apparently the Tamiya would be your best (and most expensive) choice.

Decals were a bit difficult, they seem rather thick and took a bit of micro sol to get them to stick, also they are designed for a flat surface and the kit has compund surfaces so they are a little creased which I will look at later

Wayne