Enterprise NX-01 (1:1000, Polar Lights)

splinter

Hello everybody,

I've been "out of office" so to speak whole winter: had to change apartment in a rush, then winter came, recently came back from long business trip... :crap:

This build was planned for SciFi GB, but I skipped that because of above mentioned reasons.

I've started working on Enterprise, some year and a half ago: it supposed to be a build for a friend, a big trekkie fan. He got the kit and aztec aftermarket decals and I prepared the model for LEDing. My friend planned to add in some fancy LEDs, but he lost an engine, he used for testing. In the meantime, he found the engine, but decided to go without LEDs.

I finally managed to make a small modelling corner and with this skill level 2 I shouldn't have any problems to raise it to skill level 22.

Oh, and if anybody has scanned instructions for this kit, I would be very happy to PM him/her my email address. I have found them on my HDD, but they are very small.

I would also consider advice on aztec pattern: to use aftermarket decals or should I mask it myself? As you can see below, decals are printed at low resolution.

I will definitely fill in all panel lines, as they are unrealistic at this scale.

50358893_ebf426f8cb_o.jpg

P8310354.jpg

P8310355.jpg

P8310356.jpg

P8310352.jpg

P8310351.jpg

P8310353.jpg

P8310350.jpg

EnterpriseNX-01Aztec.jpg

EnterpriseNX-01.jpg

Detalj.jpg

AcreationModelsNX-01Aztec1-10001dio.jpg

AcreationModelsNX-01Aztec1-10002dio.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Splinter, how is it going have you been having fun with the mass of decals on this project yet. I just finished a couple of nights of decalling on an airliner and it reminded me of the work I thought you were going to have to put in for this one.

Hope all is going well

Graham