Me 109 Single Type Group Build

:rofl: Actually to be super pedantic, didn't the 'Bf' moniker change to 'Me' with the Gustav?

First I've heard of that. As far as I'm aware, the ME prefix only applied to aircraft designed after 1938, when BFW had been renamed Messerschmitt AG. So the Bf109 and Bf110 stayed Bfs and everything after (210, 410, 163, 262, 321...) was an ME.

First I've heard of that. As far as I'm aware, the ME prefix only applied to aircraft designed after 1938, when BFW had been renamed Messerschmitt AG. So the Bf109 and Bf110 stayed Bfs and everything after (210, 410, 163, 262, 321...) was an ME.

Enzo, there is every chance I may be talking out of my a**e but I'm sure I read it somewhere. I'll shut up and retire back my comfort blankie of all things USAF/USN :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

If there's still room for this GB, I would like to join as well.

I'm planing a 1/32 Eduard Bf109E-3 (the profipack one), so hopefully scale will fit here as well.

This will be my first group build, so any advice/tips from moderators or anyone with some spare time for a kid (yeah, sure...) will be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure the usual suspects will get done, but hopefully we can also get some different scheme's such as the T or a Spanish Civil War one or maybe even one of the Racing 109's.

Steve

May I surprise thou? :)

Yellow 64, RRAF (Royal Romanian Air Forces), flown by av. Tiberiu Vinca.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to join with a Tamiya Emil + Aires cockpit + any other bit of resin and/or PE I can get my paws on + any cool decal set I can get my other paws on. 1/48 scale that is.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I'd be happy to join in. :)

If I may ask, what equivalents can I use instead of RLM 67, RLM 02, RLM 71, RLM 70? Many thanks. :)

It's actually RLM 65 not 67.

I use Lifecolor:

UA-501 RLM 70 Schwartzgrun

UA-502 RLM 71 Dunkelgrun

UA-503 RLM 65 Hellblau

UA-504 RLM 02 Grau

But be aware that the RLM 70 and 71 are very close in tone. That is accurate, but they really don't show up well together. So if I do a 70/71 splinter scheme, I tend to use Xtracrylix XA1001 RAF Dark Green instead.

I think I showed interest when this GB was first suggested, and then I started to build the one 48th 109G and it was beyond the 25% stage when I realised thta I'd entered. but now seeing as its asome time away I would like to enter again and maybe have a new kit for it by then. An E that has no mottling to it would suit me I think....

I'd like to put down my name please - just purchased the Zvezda Bf 109F-2, in 1/48, which I hear is the best F there is in any scale (apparently). Probably OOB, with just the Vector correction set in resin, and the JG 54 decals.

I hope that fills a gap.....

Philip (aka Prenton).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Zvezda F in 1/48 and the Eduard 1/32 E4 Weekend Edition. The latter is not my scale normally but it was a bargain at £22! I am tempted to do the Eduard, but would like to get some aftermarket decals. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Welcome on board, chaps. smile.png

I am hoping we can get a good range of 109's here.

I'm sure the usual suspects will get done, but hopefully we can also get some different scheme's such as the T or a Spanish Civil War one or maybe even one of the Racing 109's.

Steve

If I can work out how to get the decals in 1:48, the V14 is calling me. Werners Wings transkit appears to be long gone.

Steve, it's the Academy with resin wing extensions. Not a bad kit which I got in the MZ sale for £9.99 then found the resin had been whipped out the box. That said. I got replacements easy enough.

I think we might be luck that Revell will release their new 1/32 109G in October. Looking forward to that one, and making a JG300 machine out of it.

• 2 weeks later...