Eduard 190D 11 JV 44

Can we have the story please ,or if you don't want to put it down here how about a PM

Mick

Mick, i'll p/m you the story, I wouldn't dare post it up on here anyway! I'll send it later as I want to get on with some spraying.

Don't worry Alistair I won't spoil your thread.

Was the link to the Eduard wooden flaps any use to you then?

Yes it is thankyou a great refrance . going to try and make the lot out of plastic card (Well try to make ) looking forward to trying to get head around it . I think scratch building could be highly addictice

Yes it is thankyou a great refrance . going to try and make the lot out of plastic card (Well try to make ) looking forward to trying to get head around it . I think scratch building could be highly addictice

Great stuff. Yes I can see the attraction with scratch building things, I got great satisfaction with just doing the drop tank I did.

Have made some progress over the past weekend . The fuselarge is all finished without ny major problems . There is no way that if you glue part W1 against the location strip in the fuselarge halfs that you will get the comleted sub-assembly to fit ,leave it float free and no problem atall. There will be no filler on the work so far. The Gun cowl needed a light sand to ensure a snug fit.

P1120064.jpg

I painted the quickboost pipes before attaching ,also the area around the pipes to make masking easier later .

Had it all nice and tight when i noticed that i had forgot the tail wheel ,lucky it was easy to split the joint behind the tail wheel hole and slip part X 29 into place.

Now the bit i'v been looking forward to ,the wings .

P1120057.jpg

Flaps cut out

With the fuselarge closed it has enabled me to see how the flaps can be made. At this time a dry fit reveles a warped upper wing part which will make addition of internal structure very difficult . The plastic dips down severly.

P1120062.jpg

After trying various methods of corecting the warp i figure that it will be easier to use the upper wing section from a 109 a8 which is identicle in desighn from another kit and use the warped wing on an aircraft which wont have the flaps droped and thus wont be a problem.

Photo shows old wing compared to wing from Fw 190A8

P1120063.jpg

Final pic of engine from beneath.

P1120067.jpg

Your better off fitting the exhausts last, it saves all the bother masking. Now if you'd have been brave enough and bought some p/e flaps they'd have straightened that warp out.

Alistair, when I've had a warped wing I've gave it a blast with a hair dryer for 5 minutes then left it under a book. This usually sorts it.

Steve

Steve its a case of getting the hair dryer from the wife and kids for 5 minutes .i- I need to book it out 2 weeks in advance . Dont use hair dryer myself more like a polishing cloth :weep:

I shall build my boxing of the a8 as an a6 so the warped wing will not be used .

Will you be adding a seam line to the air inlet, or leave it standard. There is no real evidence to support the seam line, just looks...good.

If it is a weld its only a very thin one, i'd say it would have been gas welded if it is.

Edited by tank152

Will you be adding a seam line to the air inlet, or leave it standard. There is no real evidence to support the seam line, just looks...good.

Still undisided on this . lucky i can put off decsision until later . Do agree the seam looks the part and i have googled " fw 190 d11 supercharger intake " and nothing conclusive to be found. The pics of D11's in japo vol 1 do show small raised seam .just found this . so yes small fine raised seam it is .........at the moment !!!!!!

Still undisided on this . lucky i can put off decsision until later . Do agree the seam looks the part and i have googled " fw 190 d11 supercharger intake " and nothing conclusive to be found. The pics of D11's in japo vol 1 do show small raised seam .just found this . so yes small fine raised seam it is .........at the moment !!!!!!

Well just bear in mind it would have been gas welded so keep it fine.

Started the build of the upper flap bit with plastic card . am not going to put the hole in each rib bit as it will be far back in the wing not to be seen ,also to fiddly for me to do. I think this will give a fair represntation of what it woul have looked like.

P1120072.jpg

hi mottlemaster,

Are you buiding red 4?

if so the crandall book and the eagle cals decals show it was originally white <58 with that number partially painted over, does the eduard kit include these if not you can have mine if you want I have all the red 4 ones from the eagle cals if you want them just pm me with your address and i'll pop them in the post

darren

hi mottlemaster,

Are you buiding red 4?

if so the crandall book and the eagle cals decals show it was originally white <58 with that number partially painted over, does the eduard kit include these if not you can have mine if you want I have all the red 4 ones from the eagle cals if you want them just pm me with your address and i'll pop them in the post

darren

Thats very kind of you daran yes i'm building Red 4 and the <58 was a issue i had to address .i will pm my details

Alistair

P1120073.jpg

The finished wing . Overall i'm very pleased with how it came out . Now hope it still fits. The Eduard p/e would probably been just as easy but this gives higher score on the satisfactionometer

P1120073.jpg

The Eduard p/e would probably been just as easy but this gives higher score on the satisfactionometer

The trouble with scratch building something like flaps is that you're never going to get the scale thickness anywhere near right or the detail fine enough. That said you've put alot of work into making those and they don't look to bad, and your right it is quite satisfying to make something.