Eduard 190D 11 JV 44

Great work Alistair, the wood effect looks great but please don't tell me your having that to the outside? The wooden flaps would have received a coat of paint anyway. I've yet to see any photos of them unpainted.

Great work Alistair, the wood effect looks great but please don't tell me your having that to the outside? The wooden flaps would have received a coat of paint anyway. I've yet to see any photos of them unpainted.

Hi Tim

I'm useing some artistic licence as if i painted them people would think they were made from plastic ^_^

No the out side is more of those bl**dy tothpaste stripes

Edited by Mottlemaster

Fair comment. Its going to be a great looking Dora either way. It may have been easier to spray the white and then mask and spray the red?

Agree about white then the red , that would be how my instincts would have led me ,however i have been following this build http://aprj.gavca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1590 and it seemed to give a good result. I am very pleased with how it has come out and is a near match with the japo and eagleeditions refrences that i am useing. The dark grey pre shading was a pain to cover but gives depth to the red. If i had gone red over white it would have given a brighter effect which i would like to see for a comparison. A good comprimise might be to use some white pre brightnig between pannel lines etc then go over with red and finish with the white stripes . But it wont be me that trys this as one aircraft in this finish is enough for me. I throw the gauntlet down... :devil:

Got the decals on and the stencils .DECIDED TO HAND PAINT THE STENCILS IF YOU LOOK CLOSE YOU CAN SEE THE SPELLING MISTAKES !!! :wicked:

P1120736.jpg

P1120729.jpg

P1120733.jpg

Thanks for all the feed back so far ,it does help the motivation.

I only noticed the red over spray when i saw the photo and to be honest it isnt that noyicible in the flesh and im happy to live with it . Life is easy not being a total perfectionist.

Thats looking superb Alistair. Its surprising what shows up when you view photos isn't it, like you say most of these things aren't really visable to the naked eye. Nice sign writing as well.

The Dora is a big old bird have you put it along side your A-8 yet, when you do it dwarfs it.

Great stuff Alistair. I particularly like the way you have the ended up with "58>" oversprayed and still visible. Well done. Photos are the bane of our existence aren't they? They are far more revealing than we imagine, curse them!!!!

Regards,

Great stuff Alistair. I particularly like the way you have the ended up with "58>" oversprayed and still visible. Well done. Photos are the bane of our existence aren't they? They are far more revealing than we imagine, curse them!!!!

Regards,

I forgot to mention that Daran "Daz " sent me the 58> decals as Eduard dont supply them . It would have been a big hassle getting them otherwise ,he also sent the Eaglecals instructions which are far far clearer than the Eduard ones .WHY do Eduard put shaddows on their colour pics so it makes their wishywashy colours difficult to determin?!! Thanks again Daz

Kent you are so right about what the photos show up but this can also be used to our advantage as if we take some clear photos before paint is applied and blow them up all those little inperfections that only get spotted when the paint is on can be discoverd and delt with. .