1/48 Beechcraft Baron Converted from Minicraft Bonanza

You're killing me Wal!! I cannot even get one finished!! I remember seeing these flying around Jandakot years and years ago. Always thought it was the PMG/Telecom plane because it had -what I thought at the time- phone on the tail :banghead: Good job. Thank God The Dockers don't have their own a/c otherwise you might feel compelled to do that too, and that would just be a ridiculous waste of time :lol:

Bruce

Edited by pacificmustang

You're killing me Wal!! I cannot even get one finished!! I remember seeing these flying around Jandakot years and years ago. Always thought it was the PMG/Telecom plane because it had -what I thought at the time- phone on the tail :banghead: Good job. Thank God The Dockers don't have their own a/c otherwise you might feel compelled to do that too, and that would just be a ridiculous waste of time :lol:

Bruce

Funny you should mention a Dockers Bizjet...I built one a while back!

sof4.jpg

Wal, I am another that is amazed at what you can do with these models. The result is outstanding. I think I need to get over to AMI and prasied you again :D

Your Baron looks great :thumbsup:

Edited by TrojanThunder

Looks like she was worth the effort, and the integral windows look especially good on this one. Well done indeed sir!

• 9 years later...

Hello fellow glue sniffers, I hope you are all keeping well, recently I have been asked about this project and noted that the pictures are long gone because of my rejecting photobucket's changed payment terms quite some years ago, I have queries about this conversion in the past but I was unable to repost the pictures because they had been lost from my pcs and laptops over the years...until recently when they surfaced like the dead sea scrolls albeit hidden in an anonymous file in a backup drive rather than a clay pot.

Anyhow attached below is a link to a Flickr album dedicated to this conversion for your reference..cheers wally

Conversion of 1/48 Bonanza to Beech Baron

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Glad you re-posted via another photo host.

I don't think I was a regular visitor in 2012, so I missed the 'bucket pics.

Fantastic Baron, Mate!

Brilliant!  👏👏

I've searched - but can't find any commentary on how you did those windows.  Just a hint on Flickr (see shared image) that you might have 'poured' them?  Care to share the technique?

IMG_7417

2 hours ago, ianwau said:

I've searched - but can't find any commentary on how you did those windows.  Just a hint on Flickr (see shared image) that you might have 'poured' them?  Care to share the technique?

IMG_7417

hiya Ian,

I did a WIP on the conversion:

I hope this explains it

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

That makes a change from camouflage! It looks very neat and tidy. Congratulations on finding the photos. I presume the actual model is lost to you?

hiy a Bertie,

she is one I havent let go.. a hairline crack at a wingroot has developed but still looks ok.. I can see plenty of flaws.. nice tho still like it

51354836534_24615c4f26_h.jpg20210803_134827 by wallycacsabre, on Flickr

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wallyinoz said:

I did a WIP on the conversion

Thanks for the link Woz! I'd like to give that a try in one of my future projects. Certainly makes for a clean finish. A simply marvellous conversion!