Pegasus 1/48 Fw 190 A3

I know, it's a very, very simple kit. But it looks rather nice thb, and for £6 on the sale shelf in MZ, I thought 'why not'. So, I may add a little detail here and there, and in reality use it as a test mule for my new airbrush. The one decal option is Pips Priller, but if anyone has any suggestions for other A3 schemes, then I'm all ears!

So, shot of the box, and the back up tool if needed :)

DSCF1020.jpg

I can't louse this one up, surely? ;)

Alistair,

Nothing I think I can use from the A8 tbh. But it's a nice kit with recessed panels, but there are some simplified areas, like the undercarriage legs moulded to the doors, seat already in the cockpit tub, and a closed one piece canopy. But it does look nice :)

Steve,

I'll keep it as Pips Priller then ;)

Alistair,

Nothing I think I can use from the A8 tbh. But it's a nice kit with recessed panels, but there are some simplified areas, like the undercarriage legs moulded to the doors, seat already in the cockpit tub, and a closed one piece canopy. But it does look nice :)

Steve,

I'll keep it as Pips Priller then ;)

Just had a look at reviews of this kit and they are very favourable .One sujests that the main wheels are too small and the earlier tredded wheels that come with the eduard kit make a good replacement.

I know, it's a very, very simple kit. But it looks rather nice thb, and for £6 on the sale shelf in MZ, I thought 'why not'. So, I may add a little detail here and there, and in reality use it as a test mule for my new airbrush. The one decal option is Pips Priller, but if anyone has any suggestions for other A3 schemes, then I'm all ears!

Andy, Turkish! The used an A3a, [wing cannons replaced with mg's]I'm in rush, but if you google it...and I'll add links if I can find them later...

google images..

here's one ...

pr61233,1268814107,FockeWulfFW-190A-3.jpg

you could probably mask the markings....

HTH

T

Well, there's progress. In fact, positively flying along. In fact, if you weren't going to bother painting it, you could assemble it in under 10 minutes, and no glue needed. I know it's a snap kit, but I would highly recommend such to any kids wanting an easy start to the hobby. The fit is lovely, combining pins and clips to hold everything togther. The kit consists of a whopping 21 parts, and gives you decals, and a set of self adhesive stickers if you're in a real hurry!

I did give the cockpit a coat of RLM66 before clipping the fuselage together, then sprayed 02 into the gear bays and undercarriage doors. All joins were flooded with Tamiya extra thin cement. The only gap appeared where the gun trough is and has been filled with Vallejo putty.

DSCF1021.jpg

Next stop is to prime it, and knock that back with micromesh before the first coats of RLM 76. Looks like it won't take me long to finish this one.

Wow Andy, seriously impressed with how quickly you have got this together, hoping I can learn something and improve my seriously slow build rate. Prob not much use to you looking at how your getting on but got the cooling fan / prop / spinner and non blown rear canopy from the tamiya kit if you needed it,

Cheers, Stu

I'm enjoying my £6 special, Steve :)

Ok, paint on...Aeromaster 74/75/76...later when all set I will spray the black sides aft of the exhausts. Then another session with mocromesh before Klear time!

DSCF1023.jpg

Cheers Mick.

I'm now starting the decalling, using the few supplied with the kit. All I need to add from the spares box are the swastikas...and I have righted the wonky bar aft of the cross ;)

DSCF1025.jpg

Edited by AndyL

You've nailed this one Andy, looks like you've got the hang of that airbrush. She looks bob on.

Cheers Tim, though I am embarassed to say I did that with the old Badger 200...my Iwata is still in its box...waiting for the next 190 and some Gunze to go through it :)

That's looking very tasty Andy.

I may have to invest in a few of the Pegasus kit. Look very nice for the money.

Although the only thing I might change is the rudder ribs as they look a wee bit deep.

Steve

Steve,

The rudder and aileron ribs are too deep, and the fit is similar to the kits by 21st Century Toys. But for £6.25 it's an enoyable cheap build which gets the nightmares about my adventures in Eduard out of my head lol! Hopefully, if I can find a Hasegawa 1/32 A8 then that's my next one.

I guess these pegasus kits would be ideal if building a group together for an airfield diorama etc . The paint job on yours looks just as good wraped around a pegasus as it would around an eduard.

The Pegasus items seem to build up well; I have the 262 for which I'll probably scratch the main landing gear legs, otherwise the parts are a little clunky but entirely usable. Thanks for showing the butcher bird, Sir -looks excellent!

(I see you have the same refined set of tools that I favour ...:banghead: )

Edited by BrandX