Damaged unused transfers

stevehed

Hi All,

Got a Maquette Ilya Muromets in the stash that has Imperial Russian roundels and triangular banner type markings. It's obvious by eye that they are already cracked and will most likely disintergrate upon the approach of water. Are they repairable at all? I have a vague recollection of someone applying a coat of varnish over such decals to hold them together before immersion in water. Anybody got any ideas or failing that is there anyone who could duplicate the transfer sheet for me?

Regards, Steve

I have used Liquid Decal Film with success before

Wayne

Also artists acrylic varnish or Johnsons Clear work nicely. Just mask off the edges of the sheet first to prevent the varnish creeping onto the rear of the backing sheet... Used to have to do this with ALL Novo sheets, remember them?

Also artists acrylic varnish or Johnsons Clear work nicely. Just mask off the edges of the sheet first to prevent the varnish creeping onto the rear of the backing sheet... Used to have to do this with ALL Novo sheets, remember them?

Thanks Gents,

I've got a few old decal sheets in the stash so I'll give both methods a try. I well remember Novo transfers. Those from a Vickers Vimy disintergrated into a million pieces on contact with water but an older Frog set behaved perfectly.

Regards, Steve