RN bucc to RAF (1/48) whats the difference

Mark M

ok i have got my hands on a RN bucc and it will be made into a RAF Gulf War bucc, so what do i need to change it over, is it just the belly / bomb bay?

Far from it Mark! There were many,many differences, some very noticeable and others not so.

Take a look here.....Best Buccaneer site in the world - probably

ALL Raf S2B Bucc's had the bulged bomb door which was a fuel tank, wing tip fairings varied between airframes

Except when the reccy pos was in place, a simple solution to the problem mark!

http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/b...e-pod-126-p.asp

I'm pretty sure the other bits needed are in the kit, just the RN one doesn't have the RAF weapons, let me have a look I believe I have a few spares after my clear out,

Dave

ok help me out, if i was going to do xv863 sea witch, what would i need to change from the RN kit

belly tank

wing tips? dont know which are in the kit

anything else

Except when the reccy pos was in place, a simple solution to the problem mark!

http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/b...e-pod-126-p.asp

Dave

recce pack attached to the inner face just as the 'special weapons' fairings & standard bomb fit did, the door rolled open to deploy weapons & give the recce pod access

the tank was the the door itself, fuel tank top skin was the interior face & outer bulged skin was the lower skin of the tank. other 8 fuel tanks were integral to the fuselage centre section above the bomb bay

Edited by Hawkkeeper

recce pack attached to the inner face just as the 'special weapons' fairings & standard bomb fit did, the door rolled open to deploy weapons & give the recce pod access

the tank was the the door itself, fuel tank top skin was the interior face & outer bulged skin was the lower skin of the tank. other 8 fuel tanks were integral to the fuselage centre section above the bomb bay

Yep, but my point was if you used one of those, you don't need the bulged bay door.

From what I can see the main different is the wingtip ie the RN ones are the same on the S2B unless your doing a Gulf war bird, then there different, I seem to have two RN kits myself, but with the RAF sprue included two, I don't seem to have the gulf war wingtips.

However luck for you buddy I have two RAF sprues and only need the one, so that will save you some hastle (are I just found the Gulf war wing edging there on there two.

I've only got two buck left now, onw to do a RAF camo bird, and one to do A RN one, so the RAF sprue is spare and yours mate, PM me your address

Dave

Edited by zero

thanks dave pm on way

has that got the belly?

it the whole sprue from the kit mate, ie

Belly tank

Gulf war wing tips

winder

pylons

an/alq 101 & pave spike

Dave

i love you :wub:

No tongues! Now

no your luck I'm still sorting my stash, ie coming down to a reasonable amount to build, ie 1 of each item two of each in some cases, the bucks are right by my side, so hence I know I have all I need and this spare, so your welcome to it.

It will probably be in the post tuesday morning

Dave

recce pack exposed if a/c posed in a flying state or parked on the flightline/HAS with ground crew under the a/c, the bomb door would be closed until the recce pod was required to do it's job.

Thanks for the info

I do have a reccy pack but I dout I will use it now.

Dave

ALL Raf S2B Bucc's had the bulged bomb door which was a fuel tank, wing tip fairings varied between airframes

Not strictly true as some initial RAF S2B's had the standard un-bulged bomb door. These were modified later...XW530 being one such example....