1/32 F-4 J

Mr B

Hi folks

Decided to start on this .......as my second entry .........the Tamiya 1/32 F-4J .......

box-1.jpg

seat.jpg

Might use the quickboost seats if I do not put the crew inside.......

Started today 11th of March 2012

ph.jpg

Done the Intake trunks....and put putty on the injector marks......Tamiya's big scale phatoms suffer from a non seamless intake......luck of the draw I guess.......

Quality of the plastic is also not very good and most major assemblies are held by screws.......? Never had this before........

Well committed and looking for a speed build........

Rgds

Mr B

I've always been rather keen on these, it'll be good to see what it's like to build. I bought the Tamiya Tomcat in a sale last year but haven't dared attempt it yet - it also has the partly-screwed construction, and I *think* I've seen it mentioned in one of their other 1/32 jet reviews as well. It sounds like the kind of thing which will be great if it works and everything fits together, and a pain otherwise :)

Cheers,

Will

• 5 weeks later...

Hi folks

Been sometime that I have posted an update on this..........been busy with life's activities............anyways ..........managed to get to this stage

pre.jpg

So this is it Main assambly preshaded.......

Tamiya moduler design .....making me a bit ...... :huh:

Hope to put some paint on soon........

Rgds

Mr B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

A small update...........Iain went with the Shemrocks..........US Marines..........

Anyways some updates..........

ready.jpg

Standing on its own legs..........and all or most aux parts are on.........really a clever way in desiging the gear.....really marvel at Tamiya on that........

decal-1.jpg

On to decalling.........really taking loads of time with the many many stencils.......decals are good but easy to break.......well almost half way done......

Well ....still got the weapons and stuff............to go......after this.......

Rgds

Mr B

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Iain

Well its done

put it to bed....completed on Sunday 13th of May

Pictures today

f4.jpg

f3.jpg

f2.jpg

f1-1.jpg

2 built for this group build........

Thanks for organising....it was a blast..........now on to the next project a biggy too......:)

Rgds

Mr b

• 2 weeks later...