Hasegawa 1/32 dora

I know exactly what you mean.

I think that you have to keep them quite subtle when you do them, you certainly don't want them to be the first thing you notice when you look at a model.

Thanks on the advice guys have given them a light rub down with 8000 & 12000 micromesh hopefully with paint on they wont be so in your face but noticeable!

groupbuild.jpg

Thanks on the advice guys have given them a light rub down with 8000 & 12000 micromesh hopefully with paint on they wont be so in your face but noticeable!

groupbuild.jpg

Well yours don't look to bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update for now got the cockpit sprayed with xtracolor rlm66 &drybrushed with steel/silver

275800x600.jpg

Also sprayed & mig pigment the exhausts

274800x600.jpg

Got the undercarriage legs done struts done with Alclad chrome

259800x600.jpg

removed the hair on that one

242800x600.jpg

& finally got the engine insert done & paint chipped

287800x600.jpg

284800x600.jpg

That's it for now should hopefully get more done during the week!!!!

groupbuild.jpg

Just a small update decided to do the gun barrel blast tube's to replace parts F8 & F9,got a piece of 5mm plastic tube & filed the four corners with a needle file.

tried to replicate from pictures in the walk around of the D9 really pleased with how they turned out.

020800x600.jpg

027800x600.jpg

026800x600.jpg

Just waiting for brass tubing to turn up so I can do the gun barrels.

Like the look of the guns . Are you useing the Albion Alloys tube ? Just got a pack and makes metal guns an affordable option.

Alistair

Yes i am just checked my order thought i'd ordered brass instead i ordered aluminium tubes, oh well never mind still do the same job.

Painted & just drybrushed the seat

011800x600.jpg

010800x600.jpg

Decided to shorten the stance of tail wheel cut off locating tabs & used plasticard drilled with 2mm drill cut out & superglued in place about 3mm lower down than original then cut piece of plastic superglued & pinned front locating tab, cut off fork then drilled & pinned for the MDC fork.

012800x600.jpg

Dry fitted the fork haven't decided wether i want tailwheel turned left or right yet.

009800x600.jpg

Thats it for now going to rivet the wings today!

Cockpit done just dryfitted into fuselage cant really see alot of the IP

036800x600.jpg

041800x600.jpg

040800x600.jpg

Got to say really enjoying this build & watching everyone's builds they are truly inspirational glad to be part of it.

groupbuild.jpg

Great IP, although you have to wonder why we all bother spending so much time on things we never really see when the kit is built. It is I find, one of the most enjoyable parts of the build though.

Great IP, although you have to wonder why we all bother spending so much time on things we never really see when the kit is built. It is I find, one of the most enjoyable parts of the build though.

Totally agree with you really enjoyed doing the cockpit, on another note can't find the joystick so went on hannants ordered a couple of resin replacements & another hasegawa 1/32 d9 which they've got on special save a 1/3 off the RRP.

Have got the fuselage & wings together just got to mate them together.

Got wings glued to fuselage had a torrid time trying to get them to mate properly quite a bit of sanding & dry fit to get them right think the problem was down to me & not the kit, Will get some photo's done 2morow as I have rest of week off. Hope to get somewhere with it this week.

Getting somwhere now she's all together & riveting finished hope to get some paint on her by this weekend just got to sort out the front coaming. I appologise for the many photo's just glad to finish the rivets

002800x600.jpg

003800x600.jpg

005800x600-1.jpg

006800x600.jpg

008800x600.jpg

010800x600-1.jpg

017800x600.jpg