New Tiger Moths and Hurricanes IIc in 1/72 by AZ model

Jan Polc

Hi all, there are new British subjects by AZ model from Czech Republic, DH-82A Tiger Moth in two boxes . British and international service. Base is the Pavla kit, but fully remastered and with new decals...

kamo-dh-82-raf-web.jpg

kamo-dh-82-international-web.jpg

Hurricane Mk. IIc is coming in the new line LEGATO, in four boxes, two cammo schemes per box. The kit is based on Hurricane Mk. IV by AZ model with corrected undercarriage bay and complete new scribing.

in_raf1-700x475.jpg

night_fighter2-700x477.jpg

north_africa1-700x483.jpg

post_war1-700x487.jpg

Stay tuned, kits are now in the process of completing and are coming very soon...

Well the Tiger Moth will certainly be welcome, though I'm not sure that we need another Hurricane IIc. What we really need is a Mk I.

For: JohnD

Yes, in our AZmodel been slowly preparing other versions are being prepared Hurricane.V Hurricane IIB, Mk.XII, Mk.I and Mk.I

fabric wing (completely new model, not ex. Old Sword).

These models will be given gradually during the year. Now we have completed the English fans a completely new models and Mk.VII Spitfire VIII.

New AZmodels Spitfires and Hurricane Mk.IIc will be available in late March for our dealers.

Peter AZ

I only hope you have the correct nose lengths for all version ...

Ya know the Mk.II differs from the Mk.I on that respect, do ya?

I am sure someone here can email you the facts about this.

I only hope you have the correct nose lengths for all version ...

Ya know the Mk.II differs from the Mk.I on that respect, do ya?

I am sure someone here can email you the facts about this.

For: Occa. Yes, I know the differences, thank you very much for the warning. Believe that we will be trying not to make unnecessary mistakes as other manufacturers. We process all documentation for the whole family Hurricane and cheer whether we will succeed.

Apology to all for my English, it translates the PC.

Musician Peter AZ

For: Occa. Yes, I know the differences, thank you very much for the warning. Believe that we will be trying not to make unnecessary mistakes as other manufacturers. We process all documentation for the whole family Hurricane and cheer whether we will succeed.

Apology to all for my English, it translates the PC.

Musician Peter AZ

This sounds very good.

I know you btw, from the modelling fairs in Vienna and also Czechia, best regards from Martin in Vienna.

Will you be at the Go Modelling on the coming weekend?

Edited by occa

These new subjects sound great. I have quite a few AZ Models Hurricanes already and as far as I`m concerned, it is the best representation of my favourite aircraft in 1/72nd scale, so the new ones will be eagerly anticipated. I like the decal options too, but I`d be interested to know how they came about the serial number for Keith Parkes OK-2?

Although there are quite a few other Hurricane kits in 1/72nd scale none of them are any good! The much lauded Revell kits are full of errors with wing chord that is far too wide, a cockpit that is too far back as it ends at the rear of the canopy (there is no overlap of the fuselage going under the rear of the coxckpit) and a windscreen which looks nothing like the original being the main problems and although the recent Airfix kit is a good effort the tailplanes are far too small and lacking in detail.

All the best,

Tony O

Jan & Peter: thanks for the pictures and the information, it does look a good kit. I'll start saving for a Mk I and a Mk XII ! btw, I can't spot a part for the wheel well in the pics - will there be one?

occa: yes, the length of the nose and also the width at the front

Tony: regarding the current IIcs, I'm not sure I agree that "none of them are any good". They are all flawed but they are fairly easily corrected. Hadn't realised that the Airfix tailplanes were duff though...

John.

I'd be very interested in seeing images of the proposed Tiger Moth.

BTW I built the AZ Mk1 fabric wing Hurri and had terrible problems with fitting the canopy! Clear part too thick and the hump where the canopy was supposed to fit over was also too big. Ended up doing much sanding and polishing down of both clear and the main palstic to get it to fit at all! A bit disappointed with the kit. And, the resin cockpit needed much work to get it to fit and most ended up not being used. Sorry about this bad report but I'm just being honest.

Hey, Jan and Peter! Off topic here, but do you think you will ever do any 1/72 Russian kits, like a Yak-9 or I-16 type 5, for example? Or how about an injection-molded early-type conversion fuselage for the Hobby Boss MiG-3? Feel free to give me the bad news - I'm used to it... :wall:

John

Tony: regarding the current IIcs, I'm not sure I agree that "none of them are any good". They are all flawed but they are fairly easily corrected. Hadn't realised that the Airfix tailplanes were duff though...

I couldn't get past the Airfix Hurri IIc's nose. I'm hardly an expert on the plane, but something looked seriously amiss there.

Tony: The AZ Hurri I is good, then? I've never built one and have been contemplating it.

Btw the spinner of the IIc night Fighter coded LK-A should be yellow not red, the same mistake has been done on every earlier release from all other manufacturers.

How I know this?

There is a color photo of that aircraft on page 62 in Freeman's The R. A. F. of WW 2 in Color.

Hi all, there are new British subjects by AZ model from Czech Republic, DH-82A Tiger Moth in two boxes . British and international service. Base is the Pavla kit, but fully remastered and with new decals...

Oh, I was hoping for a much better Tiger Moth! At least I can hope it was a substantial remastering...

Any news of the Cessna 150? (or is it a Cessna 152?)

Carlos

May be the wheel well details are on the same sprue as the prop blades, can't see those either!

Looking forward to building some more of my favourite a/c.

Where, where... ? :yahoo:

Iain

For Occa: Thank you very much for drawing attention to an error with the cone of Hurricane LK-A. We will promptly correct. Great thank you.

The GO Modeling in Vienna this weekend we will stand with our sales AZmodel / Admiral / Legato

. We present news and Gotha GV and Heinkel He-70 in 1/48.

Very glad to welcome you and personally greet.

To: Paul J: Yes, I know about a problem with Hurricane Mk.1 of our old products. This model is a repackaged old model from Sword and today it is this quality is inadequate. Sending an apology for the problems with sticking.

The new wing will Mk.1 fabric of our brand new kits and hopefully without any problems.

To John Thompson.: Maybe you soon. We are considering in the future Jak-1b in 1/72. Already preparing documentation. But wait, it us slowly.

For Carlos. DH-82A, while the base is made ​​of Paul, but it really will be completely redesigned as we did with Ki-30 Ann. When the master is ready, we show here photo.

Cessna Models 150, 152, 180 and 185 are close to completion of the master. I ask John Polc, here next week to show photo masters.

The sale of these models should be about halfway through this year.

Peter AZ

www.azmodel.cz

www.modelarovo.cz

To John Thompson.: Maybe you soon. We are considering in the future Jak-1b in 1/72. Already preparing documentation. But wait, it us slowly.

Peter AZ

www.azmodel.cz

www.modelarovo.cz

Woohoooo!!! Thank you very much, Peter - you've made my day! If I can be of any help (I've given Jan some minor assistance in the past with his Avalon decal sheets), please let me know, although you probably already have the same reference material that I've got (Skrzydla special issue on the Yak-1b, by Zbigniew Luranc), as well as these very detailed on-line photo studies of the Yak-1b in Saratov:

http://karopka.ru/forum/forum212/topic457/

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/photo/viewcat_cid_198.html

http://www.fotovalkirumodelism.com/page.php?page=199

Wooohhhhooooooo!!!!! :yahoo:

John

Hi Peter,

I currently have the Pavla Tigermoth in my stash - specifically to build the RCAF version (with full canopy) - I was curious what the following statement means:

Base is the Pavla kit, but fully remastered and with new decals...

"New decals" is obvious :) but what does "fully remastered" mean?

Thank you,

Dave

Glad to hear the Hurricanes will be better tooled. I have a built Pavla DH82 and it wasn't bad but still a lot, lot better than any other like the Airfix one! Look forward to seeing these very much. And what about the Chipmunks?

I love the schemes for the Hurricane IIc: will there be an exhaust glare shield supplied in the kit- the night fighters JX-E and LK-A would have had them? Not that this is too much of a problem if they are not included, as a couple of pieces of thin plastic card will be just as good.

Edited by ben_m

Hi Peter,

I currently have the Pavla Tigermoth in my stash - specifically to build the RCAF version (with full canopy) - I was curious what the following statement means:

"New decals" is obvious :) but what does "fully remastered" mean?

Thank you,

Dave

I hope it will be an almost complete remastering! With so many Tiger Moths around and documentation readily available I can't understand how Pavla could do such a bad job. The lower wing has the same dihedral of the upper one, lacks representation of the ribs and false ribs in the leading edge of the lower wing, both wings are too thin and with incorrect airfoil, ridiculous "inspection panels" on the wings and tail surfaces, too deep nose, incorrect taper of the back of the fuselage in plan view... Apart from the nice representation of the fuel deposit I can't find many good points on the kit. - forget, it's too short... Missing other docs and pics, a scaled down Matchbox/Revell would suit me.

Some pics, comparing it with the Airfix (yellow) and Aeroclub (cream) kits. The Aeroclub is by far the better, even if it's older technology and needs some cleaning.

TigerMothKits3sm.jpg

TigerMothKits1sm.jpg

TigerMothKits4sm.jpg

TigerMothKits2sm.jpg

Don't get me wrong! AZ has one of the most interesting catalogues and I have many of their kits. Presently I'm in the middle of a Trener Master, and I'll get the new Moranes as well. I only wish a correct Tiger Moth, not only one more Tiger Moth.

Carlos

Oh man *LOL* now that I look at that - maybe that old Airfix kit ain't that bad ?!?!?! :D

Cheers,

Dave