Eduard Fw-190 A-8

Looking fantastic Tim,

Those flaps look the nuts, well done, immaculately finished. Liking the weathering/wear in the cockpit, those Luftwaffe boys really used their birds, didn't they?!

All good, this is coming along nicely bud.

Ruari

That's really nice work. Top job on that resin 'pit too mate.

Cheers Andy, just got to replace the throttle that I knocked off within 5 mins of holding the tub!

Looking fantastic Tim,

Those flaps look the nuts, well done, immaculately finished. Liking the weathering/wear in the cockpit, those Luftwaffe boys really used their birds, didn't they?!

All good, this is coming along nicely bud.

Ruari

Cheers, ha ha, I know what you mean! !

Very nicely done on the flaps and the cockpit Tim!

Future/Klear can be a great adhesive to work with and gave a great result.

Regards

Thanks Kent, Yeah I now use Klear for p'e as much as possible nowadays like you say it make a great adhesive with out the mess.

Excellent work. Top job sofar.

Cheers Arnold.

good progress

Cheers Mick, hows that Dora coming along?

Whilst waiting for the Oils in the wash to fully dry I thought i'd get the fiddly stuff done.

First off I added the wiring to the u/c actuators, the last time I did this I used 0.2 wire and thought it looked a bit over scale, this time i've used o.1 wire. This is probably more to scale but its all but disappeared hopefully a wash will pop it out a little. Painted with Gunze 02.

DSC_0879.jpg

Next up the u/c legs, just used the usual lead wire and Bare Metal Foil for the straps for this. Did a bit of a pre shade before applying 02.

DSC_0878.jpg

Then picked out the brake lines with Bolt gun metal, the lower flexible part Dark Rubber and for the chrome part, Mr Metal Color Chrome Silver.

DSC_0885.jpg

Details, details, details a man after my own heart!

That gear looks good. Well done!

Regards

Cheers Kent, yeah I like my details, trouble is I get bogged down with things to much meaning my builds proceed at a snails pace. Half the time you can't see them when its all built!

Just going to run your finger prints through my computer... Ah yes a seriel model maker.

Looking good

A serial model maker eh, is that good or bad??

Now that the oils have dried i've made up the parts for the pit and I/P, added the belts, and flatted everything down. The instruments on the top I/P are the acetate ones from the Aires kit but as the ones for the lower I/P weren't that clear i've replaced those with some Airscale decal ones. Klear was used to represent the glass.

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

Looking at those pics I can't say that i'm to happy with the look of the belts, i'm going to have to get them a little grubbier, also I find the p/e belts a right pain to fix.

All that remains now is to get everything into the fuselage but thats a job for tomorrow.

Looks well traveled. Agree about pain of fixing metal belts . Mine always seem to float above the seat.

I hate p/e belts with a passion! Its probably a bit well travelled, but I don't like show room finishes on my models!

Another great update. The belts can be a bugger can't they?

I will have to extract my digit and get back to the bench!

See above comment about p/e belts! Yeah be good to see you back at the bench.

Quite simply stunning.

And just think, just under a month and a half until the finish line. :)

Steve

Cheers Steve, thanks for your comment. :thumbsup:

Although at my speed it'll be touch and go to get it finished in time.

great looking pit

Cheers Mick.

Cockpit is very very nice indeed. I see what you saying about the seatbelts, they do look a bit new and fresh compared to the rest of the 'pit

Yeah Aires pits are the way forward for me I reckon. Just don't like the flatness of colour p/e. The belts will be made grubbier!

To day was spent shoe horning everything into the fuselage and buttoning it up. This wasn't a straight forward job as the coaming is part of the I/P which needs to be fastened to the main tub. This meant that I had to juggle it around the p/e on the fuselage inners, so as not to knock them off. The way I did things was,

1, fix the tail wheel unit and tape the rear fuselage.

2, slot in the rear decking,

3, slot in from the front the cockpit tub complete with I/P and coaming.

4, fix in and glue the forward bulkhead.

5, working from front to rear glue the fuselage.

6, position and glue the cockpit assembly.

7, position and glue the rear decking.

8, glue the coaming to the forward bulk head.

9, went for a lie down!!!!

Also has I mentioned in a earlier post I sanded to much off the fuselage inners so I replaced all that I needn't have sanded off with evergreen strip at the same time adding some p/e

DSC_0913.jpg

Just a couple of pics showing everything buttoned up.

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0928.jpg

As you can see i've also fixed in the engine mount.

I then decided to do something about the void seen through the MG ejector chutes under the wings so it was out with the Evergreen again.

This is what can now be seen.

DSC_0918.jpg

Its better than nothing hopefully will pass with some paint on!

It would have been rude not to have used some Master Barrels, also i'd forgot that i'd got a vac formed canopy. The blown type of canopy is another part that Eduard hasn't got right, so i'll be using this one, hopefully.

DSC_0920.jpg

Thats where I am at close of play.

Next up is fastening up the wings.

Agree about the flatness of the colourd p/e .It is a hard call at this scale , though there must be more personal satisfaction getting the aires pit come alive . Dont forget the little plastic nib to cut off on the top of the Engine mount.

Glad to see you added a lie down after that effort!

I think adding the engine mounts at the stage you did is the right way to go. Certinly something I will be doing on my next one.

Thanks.

I tell you Kent, I felt like a lie down as well! Yeah I'd read somewhere that it would make life easier fitting them before the wings. It makes sense I suppose as you have more room to get in and adjust the bearers without the lower cowl/wing getting in the way.

Thats coming along at a nice pace Tim.

If you don't get it into the gallery in time I WILL come round to your house and demand that you hand over half of your stash as punishment. :wicked:

Steve

Cheers Steve I feel like Thats the first hurdle behind me.

I'll be giving it my all to get it finished.

Agree about the flatness of the colourd p/e .It is a hard call at this scale , though there must be more personal satisfaction getting the aires pit come alive . Dont forget the little plastic nib to cut off on the top of the Engine mount.

I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to personal taste with these things. I'm glad you've pointed that thing out because I was in 2 minds whether it should be there or not! Did your cowl fit over the engine ok or did you have to break the sanding sticks out?

Hi Tim

The cowl was an easy fit .You should hahe no problems ,Make sure you line up the bottom peg in the engine mounting frame with the notch in the top of part H12 or 13 to kep the engine straight.

Ok cheers Alistair. I doubt I'll get that far today though.

How is the D-11 coming along?

Its proceding at a slow pace but i think iv made a " Micro-Discovery " cocerning fit will publish my findings tonight .

Its proceding at a slow pace but i think iv made a " Micro-Discovery " cocerning fit will publish my findings tonight .

I love Eduard kits and the problem solving that goes along with the building of them. It seems every kit has it's own quirks. I'm convinced Eduard go out of their way to produce them so.

Look forward to seeing your findings.