Big Red Bus

I built this from test shots from Revell and no instruction sheets until it was nearly finished. It won't fly I know but what a smashing model to build, it is based on a restored vehicle so there are one or two tiny discrepancies but they are minor. well worth it for the trip down memory lane. and BTW they used to take you to the airport at Heathrow.

redbus-1.jpg

redbus-2.jpg

redbus-3.jpg

note, all the seat covers are decals saving a lot of time painting all those stripes of colour.

redbus-4.jpg

Ted

Edited by tedtaylor

Absolutely stunning work!

This is definitely one model I would like to have on my shelves, but lacking the experience on cars (and indeed buses) I wouldn't dare to give it a try...

Have you added something, or is all this detail found in the box?

What super job. The detail is super.

What about a set of wings and it could pass as an A380!

good job.

Jim

Hi Jim How is Dahran these days, have not been there since 1976.

The manufacturer would not supply me with wings for only one project and they wanted government approval etc etc.

Absolutely stunning work!

This is definitely one model I would like to have on my shelves, but lacking the experience on cars (and indeed buses) I wouldn't dare to give it a try...

Have you added something, or is all this detail found in the box?

This is an easy build providing you follow the instructions no filler or bad joins and I have not added anything extra what you see is what you get in the box

Ted

hi Ted, you would not recognise the place! Skyscrapers, 4 lane highways, shopping malls. Khobar has grown so Dammam, Dhahran and Khobar are all one massive city now.

Still no Pubs but petrol is still 6p a liter and diesel is 3p!!!!!

regards, Jim

hi Ted, you would not recognise the place! Skyscrapers, 4 lane highways, shopping malls. Khobar has grown so Dammam, Dhahran and Khobar are all one massive city now.

Still no Pubs but petrol is still 6p a liter and diesel is 3p!!!!!

regards, Jim

Jim when I was there the road to Khobar was a dirt road and the town was just a small settlement I used to deliver there when I was trucking.

there were F-5 on the runway and all the sediki was in every villa out there.

I used to fill up with 90 gallons of diesel and buy 200 Bensons and give the guy £3.00 and get change

so not much changes does it,

Hey I just saw your mirror aircraft and they look great mate, they had lightnigs when I was there so one on a mirror might be a good Idea icon6.gif

Ted

Lovely work.

What red colour/paint did you use? Would be nice to see some progress photos.

Trubbie

I have done an article for truck model world which should be out soon I hope, so look there I will also make a page up for my web site later. The paint was Humbrol 19 gloss redbut I believe that the correct colour is available from precision paints.

Ted

Edited by tedtaylor

Jim when I was there the road to Khobar was a dirt road and the town was just a small settlement I used to deliver there when I was trucking.

there were F-5 on the runway and all the sediki was in every villa out there.

I used to fill up with 90 gallons of diesel and buy 200 Bensons and give the guy £3.00 and get change

so not much changes does it,

Hey I just saw your mirror aircraft and they look great mate, they had lightnigs when I was there so one on a mirror might be a good Idea icon6.gif

Ted

Hi Ted, I did think of a trumpeter Lightning on a mirror but two things made me think again, the price and so far I have been unable to get 1/32 RSAF decals for the lightning.

You have made me want a S1d and coke! Weekend starts tomorrow!!!!!!

See ya, Jim

What about a set of wings and it could pass as an A380!

It's far too pretty for that! :lol:

I'd have probably posted it HERE but then I probably wouldn't have seen it! It looks so good you could probably drive off in it.

Alan

I built this from test shots from Revell and no instruction sheets until it was nearly finished. It won't fly I know but what a smashing model to build, it is based on a restored vehicle so there are one or two tiny discrepancies but they are minor. well worth it for the trip down memory lane. and BTW they used to take you to the airport at Heathrow.

redbus-1.jpg

redbus-2.jpg

redbus-3.jpg

note, all the seat covers are decals saving a lot of time painting all those stripes of colour.

redbus-4.jpg

Ted

Ted I agree its a lovely kit but there are an an enormous amount of discrepencies with this kit! It is impossible to make anything like an accurate RML straight from the box. No feature is innacurate as such, its just a hochpotch of features from different time periods.

To put it in perspective, to a bus enthusiast its like viewing a "Spitfire Mk1" with an E wing and an exposed griffon engine complete with tailhook!

Don't get me wrong though. With a little work (and research) it can be made into a really accurate gem.

Selwyn