WW2 British Bombs

gruffy

Any Model manufactures / enterprising people take note!

There's a lack of 1/72 British aftermarket bombs/flares available especially early 2000lb, 500lb,flares and 250lb and smaller! Anyone want to take the challenge and maybe produce them?

Many people would certainly buy them. Think of Skuas, Swordfish,Widerbeasts, etc that are crying out for missing ordinance!

Edited by gruffy

There's a lack of British aftermarket bombs/flares available especially early 2000lb, 500lb,flares and 250lb and smaller! Anyone want to take the challenge and maybe produce them?

Many people would certainly buy them. Think of Skuas, Swordfish,Widerbeasts, etc that are crying out for missing ordinance!

Indeed! I don't believe there's any aftermarket ordnance suitable for the Barracuda in 1/72, either. Nor are there British bombs for all those American lend-lease planes.

There's a lack of British aftermarket bombs/flares available especially early 2000lb, 500lb,flares and 250lb and smaller! Anyone want to take the challenge and maybe produce them?

Scale? don't know about 72nd, but there certainly is in 1/48,

http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/m...d%20-%20British

Weapons Load - British

DS48001 : British Full Weapons Load - 1/48 SCALE - Contains Torpedos, Depth Charges, Bombs, Rockets in resin with etched brass plus instructions.

sets available separately.

in 1/72 Flightpath has a few items

http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_72ndwwii.html

RAF & USAAF WW2 Bomb Train Set

provides six assorted bomb trolleys at a discount price!

Contents -

2 x Type 'B' Bomb Trolleys - these were introduced in 1937 and used throughout the war - one is supplied with 4 x 250lb GP bombs, and one with an optional load of 2 x 500lb bombs.

3 x RAF Type 'C' Bomb Trolleys - one of the most common bomb trolleys, introduced in 1940 and found on most RAF fighter/bomber & bomber bases and also on UK USAAF bases - one trolley is supplied with 4 x USAAF 500lb bombs [also used by the RAF]. The second trolley is supplied with 4 x RAF 500lb bombs - plus a second load of BOTH US & RAF 500 Pounders is provided so that your third trolley can be made in either configuration. A further option is provided by the inclusion of a sea mine.

1 x RAF Type ‘C.Mk.III’ Bomb Trolley - a larger trolley, used by the RAF in the later war years - supplied with a half load of 2 x 1,000lb MC bombs. Please Note that we cannot split this set!

Price: £23.75 (£28.50 Including VAT at 20%)

they also do some parts in 1/48 http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_48th_WW_II.html

HTH

T

I have started initial design work on a set of 1:72 FAA/Coastal Command bombs and depth charges. These will be conventional injected plastic.

Not sure of release date yet, but I hope it will be this year!

Stewart

Edited by 3DStewart

I have started initial design work on a set of 1:72 FAA/Coastal Command bombs and depth charges. These will be conventional injected plastic.

Stewart

Looking forward to the FAA/ coastal command ordinance!

Scale? don't know about 72nd, but there certainly is in 1/48,

http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/m...d%20-%20British

sets available separately.

in 1/72 Flightpath has a few items

http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_72ndwwii.html

they also do some parts in 1/48 http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/1_48th_WW_II.html

HTH

T

Sorry I should have said 1/72 ! Thanks for the websites and for your help!

im going to try and order some of ordinance for

my swordfish

Stewart

Good man! Albacores and Barracudas look kinda naked without 6 x 250 lb bombs. I know we can raid them from the Airfix Swordfish but unfortunately not the racks.

A US 1600 AP bomb would be really nice too.

We all know how much I hate being a pedant... :wicked: but can I just point out that it is ordnance not ordinance? An ordinance is a local byelaw.

I'm dyslexic and that's my excuse so I'm sticking to it! Hehe!

We all know how much I hate being a pedant... :wicked: but can I just point out that it is ordnance not ordinance? An ordinance is a local byelaw.

Precious few ordinances in 1/72 as well.

Stewart

Please include air dropped mines in this collection for gardening sorties!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

I've built the Flightpath 1/72 250lb and 500lb bomb kits (and trolleys) -- plan on a good bit of time to get these right.

It was tricky to get the 4 PE fins perfectly aligned on the white metal body and then roll a PE flat into a cylinder to slide over the four fins. If the fins are spread at the wrong angle, the cylinder either won't slide on at all or will sit cockeyed on < 4 of the fins. If you don't roll the cylinder perfectly, the diameter is too small or too large. I knocked off my fins multiple times.

Because the fins are PE attached to white metal, don't expect to hold the bomb by the tail and spin it to paint on the stripe around the nose. In retrospect, I should have painted the nose red, then masked a stripe, then attached the fins/cylinder, then completed the painting.

Once completed, there is lots of detail not mentioned above