Kotobukyia - 1/72 - Jigabachi

Great stuff, I've really enjoyed following your build, plus you inspired me to watch GITS and Patlabor all over again :D

The Patlabor attack helicopter (from the second movie) is pretty cool but the kit is OOP, and I think there's also a nice-looking kit of the NERV dropship from Evangelion coming later this year.

Are the missile noses transparent, or is that little highlight from the gloss black? They look like little gemstones in the picture.

Will

Edited by Will Vale

Great stuff, I've really enjoyed following your build, plus you inspired me to watch GITS and Patlabor all over again :D

The Patlabor attack helicopter (from the second movie) is pretty cool but the kit is OOP, and I think there's also a nice-looking kit of the NERV dropship from Evangelion coming later this year.

Are the missile noses transparent, or is that little highlight from the gloss black? They look like little gemstones in the picture.

Will

Hi Will!

I never watch Patlabor. Is a nice anime? I know a little bit about it... Labor are the robots (or gundams?) and the "Pat" comes from Patrol. Am I right?

I read something about the Nerv Dropship. But the price will be "a little bit" high... :o

The missile noses are little holes. I took a 5/0 brush and drop there a little bit of "Green Zinc Chromate" color. I see them like a "AGM Maverick High-Tech". ^_^

About anime again: Did you watch "The Skycrawlers"?

Cheers!

Paul.

I like it a lot. The mech designs are cool but you need to know it's basically a police investigation that just happens to have giant robots in it. A friend of mine calls it Patla-boring! I guess if you like other Mamoru Oshii films you'll be fine. And you're right, Patrol Labor is a giant police robot :)

I haven't seen The Skycrawlers, but I did just discover some very cool (and sadly discontinued) pusher-prop plane kits based on their designs.

Will

I like it a lot. The mech designs are cool but you need to know it's basically a police investigation that just happens to have giant robots in it. A friend of mine calls it Patla-boring! I guess if you like other Mamoru Oshii films you'll be fine. And you're right, Patrol Labor is a giant police robot :)

I haven't seen The Skycrawlers, but I did just discover some very cool (and sadly discontinued) pusher-prop plane kits based on their designs.

Will

Patlaboring... lol.gif

I have the two kits. The "Sanka" and the "Skyli". That store I "spoke" in the first page of this thread must have the two "in stock". I bought there. I use to get an eye on them. Sometimes they put some great kits in the "specials".

Regards!