Zvedza Boeing 747-8 on ebay

tomprobert

Nice. Being made personally, or will they be available to for sale?

I have one of these kits by accident and can't decide whether to make it. I usually just make aircraft that I have flown in, and I don't think I will ever fly a 747-8 of any airline, but for a Cathay Pac bird I could make an exception as I have always liked this livery.

Graham

I'm having 10 sheets made up

The Lufthansa 748i will be flying out of JFK this year! If you fancy a holiday in Germany that is?

Wes..

OK, maybe I will then. Often the cheapest way to get home to Blighty from here is to go through a Euro hub. Last time it was via Frankfurt to Brum. I'm not saying whether the chance to fly a Lufthansa A340-600 figured in that choice. However I do try to avoid JFK.

I'm having 10 sheets made up

I hope that means you will make them available for purchase. I would really like to get this made for the Regional contest next month and this livery would make it worthwhile.

Graham

I hope that means you will make them available for purchase. I would really like to get this made for the Regional contest next month and this livery would make it worthwhile.

Graham

Hi Graham, yes but they will not be ready by next month buddy

As far as my research shows, both the -100 through to the -8 have the same size fin, both in terms of height and area.

It seems that although the -8 has had a lot of work done to it, such as a new wing, engines etc, the stabilisers and fin have been carried on from the -400, but more composites have been used.

As mentioned by others, the fin height may vary slightly upon measurement depending on loading. If the nose wheel is compressed for example, the tail height will be higher etc.

The vertical fin is the same on all 747s except the SP and the LCA. The -8 has the exact same structure as other 747s... no additional composites there. Same parts breakdown, same part numbers.

Guys, I just printed almost perfect side views of 747-400 and 747-8 vertical stabilizers and made scale calculations: I am now not so sure both vertical stabilizers are identical, it appears the 747-8's is very slightly taller, like 10 or 20cm taller.

No need to do that. Both vertical fins are absolutely identical down to the Boeing part numbers. The top edge of the vertical fin is located at fuselage water line 753 (753" above the horizontal datum line). That is straight out of the structural repair manual.

And just as an aside... you can't necessarily take every single set of figures you find, even in a company produced technical or sales manual, as being gospel. I've got a set of 747-8F/8I manuals and I've found a number of areas where different sections disagree with one another on fuselage stations, water lines, etc. I took the best two out of three when I ran across them...

J

PS: Here's a little something I've been working on...

747-8Iprofile.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

:worthy:

Thank God, reinforcements at last, the Airbus geeks were taking over! :tease:

Al

:lol:

:lol: Speaking as an Airbus geek, gimme an A340-600 or A330 anytime!! (A300/310 would be nice too!!) :lol:

Kit looks nice though! :D

No need to do that. Both vertical fins are absolutely identical

Thank you J, it was actually confirmed by Phil "Silverstone 2" in post #76, almost 2 weeks ago.

Nice art by the way. Missing the hinge line on the lower rudder section though.

Cheers, Steven

:lol: Speaking as an Airbus geek, gimme an A340-600 or A330 anytime!! (A300/310 would be nice too!!) :lol:

I am a Boeing kind of guy but... count me in regarding the A340-600, it is an absolutely splendid and very capable machine! And I love the A310 as well, the baby widebody.

Cheers, Steven

you able to make the Lufthansa cargo Richard?

Hi i am sure i will be able to i am just awaiting my kit to arrive so i can test fit the Lufthansa decals i have done , i will have a look at the cargo version for you

Richard

Hi i am sure i will be able to i am just awaiting my kit to arrive so i can test fit the Lufthansa decals i have done , i will have a look at the cargo version for you

Richard

that would be awesome thanks Richard

Started putting mine together and parts fit well, but I do have an issue with Zvezda and their unbagged sprues. Several parts off the sprue and loose in the box and two parts broken.

Anyone else have this problem?