Zvedza Boeing 747-8 on ebay

tomprobert

Sorry no the b747-8 is much taller then the b747-400

I'm a 747 pilot from GSS (BA CARGO) the only 747-8 Freighter operator in the UK!

The vertical tail is exactly the same dimensions as the 747-400 Freighters, Just has a split lower rudder section.

The main differences are the wings( Larger box section), slotted flaps, Fusealge extensions, landing gear has large footprint tyres and of coures the GeNX Engines

For you info the larger size tyres are to manage the increase PCN (pavement correction Number) Basic operating weight is almost 30t heavier than the 400F.

Phil

I'm a 747 pilot from GSS (BA CARGO) the only 747-8 Freighter operator in the UK!

The vertical tail is exactly the same dimensions as the 747-400 Freighters, Just has a split lower rudder section.

The main differences are the wings( Larger box section), slotted flaps, Fusealge extensions, landing gear has large footprint tyres and of coures the GeNX Engines

For you info the larger size tyres are to manage the increase PCN (pavement correction Number) Basic operating weight is almost 30t heavier than the 400F.

Phil

Hello Phil,

Thank you very much for the great information, my initial feelings were correct.

Are you certified on the -8 Freighter? I heard its handling was made to be very similar to the 747-400's so the transition courses would feel almost "transparent". Lucky guy you!

Cheers, Steven

Just 4.5 meters longer between the nose and main gear.

translates to waiting a fraction longer than before you initiate the turn.

747 Ground handling and taxying is surprisingly intuitive and doesn't take long to master.

The nicest aircraft i've ever flown by a long shot.

Although i'm a Boeing person, not Airbus!

phil

Edited by Silverstone 2

It's here!

I must say it looks fantastic... I'll be starting a build threat soon as I can't resist starting this one straight away.

Tom

Mine came as well just wraped in paper type cardboard but was ok in side

End of the wings need to be up a bit more as it drops down

I did get it straight but then it wanted to bend back down might Wait will i have the engines on and see what happens wings are thin might be the issue

Here it is

1af31a3b.jpg

I did get it straight but then it wanted to bend back down might Wait will i have the engines on and see what happens wings are thin might be the issue

This happened to me with the 777, the answer is start gluing from the wing tip and work your way down to the root, you can shape it nicely. That's how I got the very nice sweeping up angle on my 1/72 B-52 inflight model too.

Al

This happened to me with the 777, the answer is start gluing from the wing tip and work your way down to the root, you can shape it nicely. That's how I got the very nice sweeping up angle on my 1/72 B-52 inflight model too.

Al

That's what I did but yet it wanted to drop I even but it in some hot warter for a few mints then fixed it to a piece of metal tubing then in cold water then in to the fridge foe 2hours

come again?

oh...I see what you mean......dont forget that on the 747-400 and I assume, given the length of the span the -800 as well, when on the ground, the wings do droop a bit

No idea if zevda meant this but I have made wings on my 747-400's droop a little as they didnt when I got them out of the box

dont forget that on the 747-400 and I assume, given the length of the span the -800 as well, when on the ground, the wings do droop a bit

I'm pretty certain they don't really droop on the 747-8, but I'm sure Mr Silverstone will be along to clarify that soon.....

Since the span of the -800 is longer than it is on the -400, there is bound to be some droop;

even the -100/200/300 had a bit of droop.

This is of course, when the aircraft is on the ground...when it's flying, the wings bend upwards noticeably

edit -

found this pic....there is a slight droop before the wingtip extensions; not as bad as the kit mentioned above but it is there

from the modelling point of view you probably dont need to worry about it to much (unless your a picky detail freak like me :) )

Boeing7478FreighterPlaneMakesFirstTest4FlOa3n1-qll.jpg

Edited by kev1n

Anyone know of any decals for a Freighter version yet? Preferably Cathay Pac.

I'm having some made up with the green rear end with the buildings on it

00f0088b.jpg

Edited by cuprar

I'm having some made up with the green rear end with the buildings on it

00f0088b.jpg

Nice. Being made personally, or will they be available to for sale?

I have one of these kits by accident and can't decide whether to make it. I usually just make aircraft that I have flown in, and I don't think I will ever fly a 747-8 of any airline, but for a Cathay Pac bird I could make an exception as I have always liked this livery.

Graham