GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Hi all and welcome to the GB. Just a quick note to get the ball rolling and to start getting ready for the off. Obi and I are just about ready with a couple of other thread areas that should be up soon and then its on to the building. Just a quick idea if everyone can try and find a pic of what they are trying to make and add it to the first posts in their build thread so that the rest of us can see how you are progressing. I wouldn't normally suggest it but as this covers such a wide spectrum of models, box shots either may not be the same as the movie or just don't exist due to scratch building or for those making dioramas.

I'm looking forward to getting underway with this one

Happy Modelling

Graham

Hi all!

It's been a long since my last build here in BM. I think this is a very interesting GB.

I have a question: Can I join the GB with a kit from one of those "animes"?

"Animes" are those japanese tv shows. I have some of them in my stash, from Ghost In The Shell, Skycrawlers, etc.

Thanks in advance for your patience with this anoying guy!

Paul.

Hi all!

It's been a long since my last build here in BM. I think this is a very interesting GB.

I have a question: Can I join the GB with a kit from one of those "animes"?

"Animes" are those japanese tv shows. I have some of them in my stash, from Ghost In The Shell, Skycrawlers, etc.

Thanks in advance for your patience with this anoying guy!

Paul.

Welcome, assuming no one else has a problem with it I am happy for these. If you can find a picture from one of the shows showing the subject you are modelling then they sound like great additions to the build.

Cheers

Graham

I'm going to have a go and enter a Captain Scarlet Angel Intercepter that I never got time for in the SciFi GB. I'm going to attempt to put it on a section of Skybase with the entry/exit 'chute' connected.

Nice one Mish, that is a build I can see in my future at some point :)

Welcome, assuming no one else has a problem with it I am happy for these. If you can find a picture from one of the shows showing the subject you are modelling then they sound like great additions to the build.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham!

Thanks for your answer. I will be starting the thread and the build soon. I think will be a Jigabachi from Ghost In The Shell. I will provide some imagens from the show.

Cheers!

Paul.

Hi all just to let you know Obi Jiffs time is a bit precious at the moment so RAF Colonel is going to help out with this build as well, hopefully between the three of us we should be able to manage answers to all your questions (Group Build Related at any rate)

Happy Building

Graham

Thanks for the intro Graham,

Hey guys, I am the third Musketeer, firstly thanks guys, its an honor to be a mod on this particular GB I'll do my best and to reiterate what graham has said any questions feel free to fire them away, I'll do my best to be of some assistance!

Now I don't suppose anyones got a Taxi I can borrow till I can get one! (Joke)

Live Long and may your models prosper,

James

I am still hoping to join this GB soon and would possibly like to build this

EDE57420.jpg

D707D2E1.jpg

Trouble is it's not strictly accurate being an earlier LHD Quattro, though ironically more accurate for the show than the one that was used. This was a later model that was not accurate for 81-83

tumblr_lmc5p1dbSf1qchwdt.jpg

I would fit the correct plates but as I had to get this from the US I don't want to go converting it to RHD in case I ruin it. Would this still be eligible as it wouldn't be strictly accurate?

I do have the 'Christine' Plymouth or General Lee to fall back on if it isn't

Cheers

Chris

I'm happy for you to build it as the kit is, no point ruining a kit that was hard to get hold of to try and make a car that, as you point out, was not accurate itself. If you want to build the Audi go for it, the other two are also kits I am keen to get hold of and have a go at, just too busy at the moment. Welcome to the build and looking forward to getting a couple more cars on here.

Cheers

Graham

P.S I am new to this modding business so if anyone else feels that this is letting the rules slide too far let me know so I can get better at moderating for future builds, the decision above stands for this build though, unless Obi or RAF Col have any objection.

Something very nice arrived in the post yesterday morning and if I get my finger out and complete the Aliens Dropship and APC, I may do this as a second build for the GB...

DSCF5237.JPG

Stand by for action!

• 4 weeks later...

Would Porco Rosso's Savoia S21 be OK for this GB? I don't want to commit just yet since I've got something coming up this week, and plenty of work, but after that's resolved I'm keen to join in.

This is (almost) the kit in question: http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/fin..._fine_fg3.shtml. The version I have is the "original" S21 from the start of the film, without the seat and hatch for Fio.

Will

Would Porco Rosso's Savoia S21 be OK for this GB? I don't want to commit just yet since I've got something coming up this week, and plenty of work, but after that's resolved I'm keen to join in.

This is (almost) the kit in question: http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/fin..._fine_fg3.shtml. The version I have is the "original" S21 from the start of the film, without the seat and hatch for Fio.

Will

That looks good to me, welcome to the build and looking forward to seeing this take shape

Welcome along

Graham

Thanks, hopefully I can made some first cuts some time next week after the model railway convention is out of the way and my Easter break starts... I'm looking forward to it.

Will

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a quick question. For a subject I want to do, I am thinking about doing a 2001 Orion shuttle with the Moebius kit, but I don't necessarily want to do it in Pan Am colors since I've done that before (and the Moebius kit has no airline markings in it). Is it possible I could do it in some other airline colors (provided they are a 1960s based colorscheme, ala BOAC or say Jellybean Braniff colors) under the guise that it could be another airline operating in the 2001 universe? If not, its no biggie.

Hi, despite asking about the eligibility of the Audi Quattro kit, I don't feel I will be able to devote enough time to it and therefore will not be taking part in this GB after all.

I was up for starting it but with 2 fences to put up and the lawn to re-turf, there is no chance of me finishing by the deadline :(

Some cracking builds so far and good luck to the rest of you taking part

Cheers

Chris

I've got a quick question. For a subject I want to do, I am thinking about doing a 2001 Orion shuttle with the Moebius kit, but I don't necessarily want to do it in Pan Am colors since I've done that before (and the Moebius kit has no airline markings in it). Is it possible I could do it in some other airline colors (provided they are a 1960s based colorscheme, ala BOAC or say Jellybean Braniff colors) under the guise that it could be another airline operating in the 2001 universe? If not, its no biggie.

Go for it sir, if you still want to build it in here. It slightly bends the rules but we'd love to see it.

Good Luck

The Mods

• 1 month later...

I'm still keen to throw my hat in the ring having finished my Big Scale GB entry, but can you confirm that the end date is 30th of June rather than the 3rd as listed in the GB calendar?

Thanks!

Will