Routemaster RM1699 conversion

I do not if you are the same guy who built this same buss I saw at the GGG show this gone Saturday in Sweden; but I must honestly say that if it is the same gent then you my friend did an excellent job. Although it was in the wrong catagory it still deserved to win. Congrats.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Jorgen

how and what did you use to make the foglight on the front right hand side?

All front lights are just the kit parts, used with reflective foil in the base, probably BMF shiny chrome. The light low down on the left side is also the kit part, just moved up into the panel and angled a little.

Jorgen, what a stunning build. You have the ability to keep amazing me with your skills. I hope all is well with you, you seem to have been a little quiet lately.

Your good friend,

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Heath

• 2 months later...

You have done a remarkable job on this kit Jorgen.

I bought one of these when they first came out but haven't built up the courage to get it started. When I was a kid our next door neighbour brought a fleet of these to Niagara Falls for tours. My dad helped get the business going by driving tours for him on occasion. He would also make trips to Montreal to drive buses to Niagara Falls when they came off the ships from the UK. I have many fond memories as a kid riding along with my dad in the cab. I would sit on the box to the right of the drivers seat thinking I was an integral part of running the bus. I seem to recall the turn signal know was located on that box. I'm not sure if it was relocated there or if it is just my poor memory.

• 4 years later...

Fantastic build and thanks for sharing. I am currently doing a similar build in a different livery and have found your pics invaluable when it comes to 'cutting that 27mm'.

I wondered how you addressed the issue if the transfer below the used tickets bin, which states how many passengers can fit on each deck, as I'm discarding seats and the numbers are wrong now!

Regards

Tommy

• Like 1

On 20/09/2018 at 11:32, tommyinuk0 said:

Fantastic build and thanks for sharing. I am currently doing a similar build in a different livery and have found your pics invaluable when it comes to 'cutting that 27mm'.

I wondered how you addressed the issue if the transfer below the used tickets bin, which states how many passengers can fit on each deck, as I'm discarding seats and the numbers are wrong now!

Regards

Tommy

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you can find this thread of good use. I still have very fond memories of this build, one of the most rewarding I have done to date.

I made all the artwork for pretty much all decals on this build and printed them myself using an Alps printer, and that decal was just one of them all. After my build was finished I gave all spare decals to a guy in UK, so sadly I don't have a spare anymore. I could possibly include that small one when I eventually print something else for myself, if I can only remember, but I'm afraid it will be a while before I start up that printer the next time.

That's a good point about the capacity decal. I hadn't thought of that as the RML decal will be different!!

My build stalled as work went ballistic, but I'm hoping to resume very soon!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tommyinuk0 said:

Finding your posts essential, while I build my shortened RM. How did you create your own white decals, I'm able to print my own decals but white??

Regards

Tommy

I have one of the somewhat legendary Alps printers that I use for my decals, they print white (also silver and gold foil for example). Not sure if there are any other options to print white today, but I haven't followed development of home printed decals lately, so I may have missed something.

• Like 1