8-year-old's first model

gmoss

G'day all

My 8 year old daughter (Courtney) has been keen to have a go at building a model for some time now, so I recently let her choose something from the stash. After seeing Prince Harry in his Apache on TV the other week, she decided on a 1/72 Academy Apache Longbow.

She's always been very artistic and creative, but I still didn't expect it to turn out quite as good as it did. I only helped her out on a very small number of things like the masking and a few of the more intricate bits, so I was well impressed with her efforts. She chose to make up her own scheme of purple and chrome silver and suggested Prince Harry may like to paint his bird in the same colours.... although, personally I think it's probably more Prince Andy's style ;)

It was airbrushed with acrylics and decals were a mix of those provided in the kit and my spares box. For some reason the chrome silver looks grey in the photos.

Anyway, she's keen to see what you think of it :)

Cheers

Greg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

Edited by gmoss

Well played that girl! Far far better than my first effort. Keep it up; the hobby can become a lifelong passion and has taken me to places I would otherwise never have been and led to me meeting some of the kindest and most interesting people I have ever come accross.

Martin