Platz T-33 1/72

GreenDragon

Cybermodeler has posted a look in the box of the new mould T-33 in 1/72nd from Platz in Japan. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/pla...platz_ac6.shtml

This boxing comes with decals covering nine aircraft of the JASDF. I assume more will be coming soon with USAF and other Air Forces markings, bound to be plenty of after market decals available.

Price quoted is 2310 Yen which currently works out at £18.34 though we'll probbably get stiffed in the UK again!

Paul Harrison

Don't think there is a UK agent Julien, Hannants used to get some of their decals & etched sets but last I remember seeing they bunged it all into the sale/clearance section.

Hope you're right Jonners! A bit expensive for my liking but I love the F-80/T-33 series so I might be persuaded.

Paul Harrison

• 4 years later...

Details about the future Tanmodel boxing - ref.2905

Source: https://www.facebook.com/tanmodel/photos/a.293378480850420.1073741830.288722731315995/548216875366578/?type=3

Coming #2905

8 country, 10 pattern... Huge decal sheet and transparency masks from TANMODEL for our limited edition 1/72 T-33 kit.

Mini revised decal sheet of 1/72 T-33 #2905

Thanks Iwan Winarta (from Indonesia)

Tanmodel%2520T-33%2520Box%2520Render.jpg

Every kit has its unique number! (XXX/999)

Print by Cartograf (ITALY)

Drawing by Dutch Decal (NETHERLANDS)

Box-art by Mr. Ronnie OLSTHOORN (NETHERLANDS)

Regards,

TANMODEL

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/tanmodel/posts/573912012797064

Thanks to Mr. Omer Erkmen for these special profile drawings
Decal drawing by Dutch Decal (Netherlands)
Printed by Cartograf (Italy)
Ultra sheet - 8 countries, 10 options

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

For those who want a Platz T-33 but dont want to order from Japan it has been re-boxed by Italeri

IT1444_1.jpg?t=1594414175

This has decals for the USAF, France, Greece, Italy, and Spain

Well worth the price for the decal sheet alone

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

It's a nice kit but I struggle with the Italeri price. Maybe I will find a bargain one in the new year

This kit is well worth £19. One of the best tooled kits I have built plus a great decal sheet. I dont consider that overpriced at all.

• Like 2

The decal sheet is no use to me though. I accept it's good if you are interested in any of those markings but they're not for me. Of the available kit sheets, the one I'd want is the one from Platz AC-39 as Homebee posted this afternoon for the Skyblazers one, or the '76 Anniversary one, AC-8MS.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

• Julien changed the title to Platz T-33 1/72
On 12/26/2020 at 8:35 PM, Julien said:

This kit is well worth £19. One of the best tooled kits I have built plus a great decal sheet. I dont consider that overpriced at all.

Agreed,

Given the T-33 is a re-boxed Platz kit, it does seem to be good value when compared with buying the Japanese boxings from the Far East and then dicing with the possibility of import charges. Many others obviously think so too. The Big 'H' sold out on their first batch of the kit within days of receipt and I had to source one from my LMS.  

• Like 1

I've built a Sword T-33 because at that time Pfalz kit was only 'orderable' from Japan. So now I feel like buying Pfalz kit from Italeri with that impressive decal sheet is a little bit of a cheating :)😉

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2020 at 5:54 PM, Julien said:

For those who want a Platz T-33 but dont want to order from Japan it has been re-boxed by Italeri

IT1444_1.jpg?t=1594414175

This has decals for the USAF, France, Greece, Italy, and Spain

Well worth the price for the decal sheet alone

If you want a T-33 the Platz is a good as it gets :)

Martin

• Like 2