F/A-18C Hornet - VFA-94 Shrikes

M4rk

I finished this off the other week, although only just got round to taking pics of it at the weekend. My first 1/32 aircraft, a real monster of a model compared to what I'm used to, it also took way longer than I expected (over a year :o). Its a great kit though, you just need allow a lot more time to do jobs that take not much in 1/48 scale.

Its essentially a from-the-box build, but with a Quickboost ejector seat, Aires resin jet exahausts, Eduard etched placards and TwoBobs decals. I've discussed the pros/cons of these extras in the build thread here for anyone interested, but basically the seat is superb, whereas the jet exhausts were a pain in the bottom to fit (being slightly undersized) and the decals realy didn't want to cooperate. Got there in the end though! I also added a pair of GBU-12 bombs not included in the kit, which were kindly donated by a member of the Flory Models forum.

Apologies for the large number of pics, think I got a bit snap-happy :lol:

Hornet%20edit-2.jpg

Hornet%20edit-3.jpg

Hornet%20edit-4.jpg

Hornet%20edit-8.jpg

Hornet%20edit.jpg

Hornet%20edit-10.jpg

Hornet%20edit-11.jpg

Hornet%20edit-12.jpg

Hornet%20edit-13.jpg

Hornet%20edit-14.jpg

Hornet%20edit-15.jpg

Hornet%20edit-16.jpg

Hornet%20edit-17.jpg

Hornet%20edit-18.jpg

Hornet%20edit-9.jpg

Hornet%20edit-19.jpg

Hornet%20edit-20.jpg

Hornet%20edit-21.jpg

Hornet%20edit-22.jpg

Hornet%20edit-23.jpg

Hornet%20edit-24.jpg

Hornet%20edit-26.jpg

Hornet%20edit-27.jpg

Hornet%20edit-28.jpg

Hornet%20edit-25.jpg

Hornet%20edit-29.jpg

Hornet%20edit-30.jpg

Hornet%20edit-5.jpg

Hornet%20edit-6.jpg

Hornet%20edit-7.jpg

I entered this at the Model Kraft show at MK a few weeks ago and was pretty chuffed to take silver in the class. :)

Cheers

• Like 2

First of all, that is an excellent excellent model! Second...I can here the conversation now.

"Wait, where the *%&$ did that other rocket for the starboard wing go??"

"Why are you asking me, you had it last!"

"Oh...no...we are done! Quick, find something else that we can throw on there!"

Haha ;) once again, great job on that one!!

:cheers: Erik

Absolutely bloomin amazing. Well worth the time. Glad you took so many pictures, I could look at this for hours!

That is one very nice looking Hornet, fantastic quality finish, i also like the load out, not seen that before, looks nasty (well being on wrong end anyway)

Thanks for the comments fellas. The loadout is accurate for an OEF jet from what I can gather through research, although I struggled to find a pic of a hornet fully loaded up with GBUs and a Maverick. They certainly carry asymmetric loads regularly, plus only one Sidewinder over Afghanistan. Its basically a CAS loadout I think.