F/A-18C Hornet - VFA-94 Shrikes

M4rk

Beautiful, stunning job! If this was a silver, I'd like to see the gold! Must have been made out of gold!

I trust you also have a 1:32 F-14, so you can pose a proper USN fighter next to the Bug. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Bill

Edited by Navy Bird

No disrespect to the person who won the gold, and I have no doubth their entry was a worth winner, but they must have been sleeping with the judges to have beaten you, given the exempilary nature of your work.

A simply stunning piece of modelling and an inspriation to us novice model makers.

Regard,

Steve from Oz

Edited by Stinger 9

Simply stunning build, the most accurate F-18C i've seen to date!

Have you any experience with the Trumpeter 1/32 F-15E?

Look forward to your F-14 Build

Phil

Phil, do you mean the Tamiya kit? Trumpeter don't do a big Eagle as far as I'm aware. Either way no I don't as this is my first 1/32 model. I'm sure a quick search on here or ARC, cybermodeller etc. will give you a general consensus of it though. ;)

Glad you like the Hornet.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I entered the Hornet into the competition at the Hinckley show last weekend. Pretty chuffed as it got gold in the class, some pretty impressive entries there as well so was a real surprise :).

Hornet%20edit-31.jpg

• 4 months later...

Very good build of a great kit.

The canopy looks slightly off centre on the "head-on/tail-on" views, but it's a fine build all round. Definitely true about the asymmetric loads in action, it's not a missing Sidewinder!

I agree with the others' comments about the paint scheme, a good compromise between low-vis and colourful.

:clap2:

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, thanks chaps, didn't realise this had been brought back up the boards. I have since won another gold at the midlands expo in Birmingham back in May which was cool. :)

The canopy looks slightly off centre on the "head-on/tail-on" views, but it's a fine build all round.

Yeah I noticed that after taking the pics, its only on loose so wobbles a bit and must have shifted to the side when I moved it between pics. Oh well :doh: !

Cheers