OzH's entry - 1/32 GA.11 - My first 1/32 build...

Signed up and started to cut plastic last night...

Will try my best to finish this one (Group build success rate is at about 50% at the moment)...

So here it is...

I bought the kit from the shouty man at Yeovilton (Kit Crazy I think), I'd been looking for a 1/32 Hunter for a while to make into a GA.11, and this was only £15 or £20.

Any way, this is how it looked when I got home...

Maryland081.jpg

Box was a bit tatty and contents off the sprue's

Maryland082.jpg

Then spotted this lot in the corner of the box

Maryland083.jpg

Emptied it out and found this lot, a white metal seat, as well a the Paragon resin seat, a load of arrester hooks, three jet pipes, some F.6 parts, metal nose and a single main undercarriage leg and wheel...

Maryland084.jpg

Also has the kit decals

Maryland085.jpg

and the Echelon ones as well

Maryland086.jpg

Good find I think...

If anyone needs any long drop tanks, arrester hook or a jet pipe, let me know, I think this will be my only 32nd kit, as they are just to big once built...

Edited by OzH

That was an excellent find Oz - especially at the price. I may well take an arrestor hook off of you. I built a GA11 many years ago and scratch built the hook, but it's in need of a bit of refurbishment now, I may backdate it as well -its in the 1980's/90's DSG scheme of FRADU.

What scheme are you doing yours in? The Echelon sheet did have decals for a GA11, 738NAS I think?

All in a days work...

Had a good day with the paints, not the best cockpit in the world, but its OOB apart from the Paragon seat, I'm happy with it... just needs the Bang hadles...

32Hunter002.jpg

32Hunter003.jpg

Its now sitting all taped up after sealing it up....

A mate of mine has the Flightpath set for the Hunter, we took a look in it last weekend, I think the tail cone's (at least the grey ones anyway) that were in my kit had been copied from this set so followed his instructions on fitting. Had to take a bit off the F.6 tail and needer a little filler but looks good I think.

Bits036.jpg

More filler needed around the cockpit/fuselage joint

Bits029.jpg

Also filled the gun ports... and more filler on the joint down here...

Bits031.jpg

Bits034.jpg

Seems to be coming along alright though

Bits027.jpg

Also started work on the Harley lamp, here's the nose, lens and lamp

Bits050.jpg

Edited by OzH

A mate of mine has the Flightpath set for the Hunter, we took a look in it last weekend, I think the tail cone's (at least the grey ones anyway) that were in my kit had been copied from this set

Interesting - I wonder what was his source for the 'grey' ones???

David Parkins,

Flightpath

Thanks for the comments guys....

Interesting - I wonder what was his source for the 'grey' ones???

David Parkins,

Flightpath

The grey ones were in my kit with the yellow one and a load of other bits when I bought it as I say above in my opening thread, not from my friends set, so have no idea...

• 2 weeks later...

Another update....

This has has most of my attention over the last few weeks...

Re-configured the engine vents for the GA.11

Bits053.jpg

Bits057.jpg

Work on the tail details

Bits055.jpg

Bits056.jpg

Nose light is completed and installed

Bits054.jpg

And the whole thing about to go for some undercoat...

Bits052.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers all for the comments...

Got the decals on... Taken a couple of weeks as the Revell ones were trashed, a previous owner must have spilt something on them, don't know what, but the buggers wouldn't come off the backing sheet.

Rs2man came to my aid and sent a set of Echelon decals back to me, these were also a problem as the glue had gone "funny" with the decals coming out milky. I got round this by soaking the decal, then having to wash each one off in fresh water to clean them.. Not much fun, I'm sure you'll know, decals don't like to stay flat.... but done now...

She's had a Klear coat, an oil wash and some weathering...

Dscf3012.jpg

Dscf3013.jpg

Dscf3016.jpg

Dscf3017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...