Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Single Type Group Build

I've seen some Japanese kits going for £5.

Hasegawe or something like that - I'm afraid I'm not very 'in the know' when it comes to modelling.

Would they be any good - or are they cheap rubbish?

Hasegawa is the one ! They did both 1/72 and 1/48 kits.

In 1/72 they actually had 2 different kits: a very old one that is not very good and has been surpassed by others today. Then they did a new family of kits covering several versions and these are the best F-104 around in this scale.

In 1/48 they only did a recent a very good kit, again best in scale.

So if those kits are the more recent ones they are very good. If however they are the old mold 1/72 kit, then they could be called old rubbish... :D

Keep in mind that italeri has a 1/72 kit that is quite nice and sells for a tenner or less, might not be more expensive than a £5 if you add delivery costs.

Whatever the kit though, any kit is welcome here, bad or good, new or old. As long as it's of an F-104 !

I've seen some Japanese kits going for £5.

Hasegawe or something like that - I'm afraid I'm not very 'in the know' when it comes to modelling.

Would they be any good - or are they cheap rubbish?

Dont write off the 1/32 Hasegawa Starfighter. Its also a great kit if you like to go crazy on easy to see detail. I finished this G model a year ago. The molds are dated but the fit is terrific and the shape is spot on. . I like the subdued raised detail much more than the way way overdone rivets on the 1/48 Hasegawa F-104. Aires AMS and Eduard come to the rescue with cockpit, burner can and wheel bays which really step up the kit. I left the raised lines and even added a few that were missing. The pilot is from long gone Reheat. Truely a blast to build. Milt

6893728187_c8937c0782_b.jpg

6893728381_48df54a6be_b.jpg

6893728281_8939188a5e_b.jpg

6893728471_08da056db7_b.jpg

6154279296_cbdd1c463a_b.jpg