28. Shar2

29. Antony Robertson

30. Tibbs

31. Warris

32. Jon Kunac-Tabinor

33. JonP

Edited by Mish

Hi all and welcome

A big thank you to Mish for helping set up this Group Build ,also to SaintsPhil and Cuprar for stepping up as co host`s .I hope we con make some money for H4H and have some fun doing it .Not to long to go, Im looking forward to this one

We will get a plan up soon as to whats what .Hope to see more names on the list soon.

Cheers Les (wellzy)

Nice banner Mish! Looking forward to this one, not been involved in hosting before so bear with me! I'm sure it'll be a nice friendly GB anyway with such a good cause behind it.

I was thinking of having a go at one of the new Airfix AFV sets, including figures. Not done an AFV or many figures since my teens so could be a challenge! I may also do a nice quick OOB 1/72 airfix GR9 to keep one foot in my comfort zone!!

Phil

Hi all, I can't wait to get this GB off to a start. Right some of you have been asking about decals of the medal to fit on your build! I have had these made up and I'm just waiting for them to turn up from a friend over in Canada. These are what I have coming

3e52ce22.jpg

Right as for the medal, I have sent Ben an email asking how much to print the medals of in 72nd scale so they will look ok on any scale, this is what I sent

79c35726.jpg

So if anybody want one let me know. I will get a price back to you ASAP but PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE PUTTING 40p on each one to cover the postage costs and packing. Sorry to be a tight bottom but if you all have one, then it would add up to a bit

Edited by cuprar

Right as for the medal, I have sent Ben an email asking how much to print the medals of in 72nd scale so they will look ok on any scale, this is what I sent

79c35726.jpg

So if anybody want one let me know. I will get a price back to you ASAP but PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE PUTTING 40p on each one to cover the postage costs and packing. Sorry to be a tight bottom but if you all have one, then it would add up to a bit

I'm not sure (as I've not received them yet), but I think those may be the same as the stickers my daughter has sent me, as she described them as being a 'medal'...

Keef

Hey Mish,

First off, I'd love love love to join this GB and help out our heroes. I'm curious towards 2 things. 1st, what is the charge? Is it still 5 Euros? Next, is it ok if I reside in the states? Will there be any type of problem with exchanging the money. Thirdly, what are the restrictions on the types of models? And finally, are we still going to sell the finished models at the end of the GB to try and raise more funds, maybe to each other?

Erik

I'm not sure (as I've not received them yet), but I think those may be the same as the stickers my daughter has sent me, as she described them as being a 'medal'...

Keef

Keef, one of the Hosts will liaise with you about the stickers. I think Chris is talking about decals to go on models rather than to display with models.

Hey Mish,

First off, I'd love love love to join this GB and help out our heroes. I'm curious towards 2 things. 1st, what is the charge? Is it still 5 Euros? Next, is it ok if I reside in the states? Will there be any type of problem with exchanging the money. Thirdly, what are the restrictions on the types of models? And finally, are we still going to sell the finished models at the end of the GB to try and raise more funds, maybe to each other?

Erik

Erik, No problem with you joining in. The entrance fee is expected to be £5 Wellzy will be co-ordinating this. The scope will be any British vehicle, plane ship or figure from either of the Gulf wars or Afghanistan.

The auctioning of models hasn't be finalised that will be discussed and decided upon here before the start of the GB.

To further expand on the subject of the scope of the GB:

Quote from Help for Heros website:

"Help for Heroes was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 out of a desire to help the wounded Servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. The message of the charity is simple: We are strictly non political and non critical; we simply want to help. We believe that anyone who volunteers to serve in time of war, knowing that they may risk all, is a hero. These are ordinary people doing extraordinary things and some of them are living with the consequences of their service for life. We may not be able to prevent our soldiers from being wounded, but together we can help them get better".

As such we will limit entries to cover things from just that statement. Anything from UK Forces in those two areas of combat. A Help for Hero's medal sticker (included with the price of the entrance fee) will be display anywhere on the entry. On the model/base or prominent in the final photos.

It was felt that we need to limit the GB as to have it too open will detract from possible future GBs, impinge on current and possible repeat past GBs.

As for content. We have any British aircraft, ship, armour and figure that was in either of the two theatres. I think that's pretty wide. Just off the top of my head we have Nimrods, Tornado GR.3 and F.2, Jaguars, VC-10, Hercules, Victors Buccaneers, Harriers, Warriors, Jackals, Landrovers, Challengers. Ships I have no idea of but there must be a bevy of destroyers and the like.

Keef, one of the Hosts will liaise with you about the stickers. I think Chris is talking about decals to go on models rather than to display with models.

Morning Mish,

Sorry, I did realise that one was a decal, I was just making an idle comment that I think the stickers are the same, not meaning that they neccessarily could replace the decals. If you see what I mean....??!! (bit early for me to make sense this time of day!!) :sleep_1:

Keef

Hi all, I've just got an email back from Ben about the H4H medal decals to put on our models, here it is:-

Hi Chris, that's good news!

Are you referring to the medal with the stripes hung over the fuselage?  Or just the medal?  If just the medal, how big do you want it?

It looks like if I just fill a page with 1/72 medals with the stripe etc (so a pair joined by the cloth part) then I can fit all 40 into about half a page.  Are these all for different people from your modelling club?  Maybe tell them $1 each?  That doesn't sound too crazy does it?

-Ben

So with postage it works out £1.07. He is getting these done ASAP so they should be in my hands in about 2-3weeks. Please note I am not making money on these what so ever

I think the auction is a great idea.

A personal view here, I would like to see any auction as voluntary as I'm not too happy with the though of having to sell my model especially if I make a good job of it.

I agree with this. I'd love to sell my model and help raise funds even more but it should be voluntary. As for the auction, couldn't we just do it on here? Have a new topic for the auction and just see what people are asking and what people are offering for the model? Just a thought.

A personal view here, I would like to see any auction as voluntary as I'm not too happy with the though of having to sell my model especially if I make a good job of it.

OK with Mish on this one if you want to put it up for Auction it up to you ,or in my case how much to get some one to take it !

Les

Edited by wellzy