Yuri Dolgoruky - Borei Class SSBN

Another nice job, Ken!

Is the white waterline a decal or painted?!?

I have the HB version on the go as i type (along with numerous others, of course...) & wondered how you had achieved sucha clean line with yours?

& am i right in thinking "Halfords Volvo grey" again?

Another nice job, Ken!

Is the white waterline a decal or painted?!?

Thanks for the compliments.

Its a four-part decal (each side), with 'built-in' curves at front and rear.

They were fairly easy to apply and get reasonably straight

I have the HB version on the go as i type (along with numerous others, of course...) & wondered how you had achieved sucha clean line with yours?

& am i right in thinking "Halfords Volvo grey" again?

I was going to rush out and get the HB kit as soon as it was released - but then I saw that Bronco were doing one with more detail - like open launch tubes, so I waited.

The hull is in three parts - two lower halves and a top section, so the split is on the waterline.

I used a bit of filler along the waterline/lower hull join - but apart from that it went together well.

You're right - it is Halfords Volvo Dark Grey - the red is from a can of Hycote Red Primer.

Ken

Ken, good afternoon.

The model looks good.

I have a question about this this decal on the bow:

photo_26_1326613896.JPG

Why did not it stick?

Hi Danila,

I tried to put it on the bow - but it is just too thick to bend over the bow shape.

I tried to soften it with MicroSol - but it just would not lay down properly - so I stuck it to a piece of white plastic card and used it on the base as a ships badge.

On the real Yuri Dolgoruky the badge appears to be canvas or some kind of fabric just draped over the bow in dry dock - I don't think it is painted on ????

Ken

PS - Just found these images of the second Boreo Class boat - Alexander Nevsky - and its badge appears to be painted on!!!!

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewt...80&start=80

Edited by Flankerman