Handley Page Halifax Mk.II W1048 S-Sugar

Very very very good, 10/10 I like the subtle weathering, when I have completed my HP Hastings, it would be nice to see the family tree togethor

You old meanie - 20/10 at the very least - just simply superb.

I really do think that Revell should be aware of what can be done with their sad offering but I do like the fact that a much maligned older kit - the Matchbox one - came to the rescue of what they might have considered was their triumph.

For effort and result the model of the year even though we are only two months in.

Wow, thats lovely Neil, the two of them look really good together.

Simply brilliant chopping about & corrections, it looks so much better. I'd love to see what you could do with the old Stirling kit!

Cheers,

John

Lol,

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I really feel this build has been a team effort with lots of ideas and advice toing and froing, that's what makes it more fun than just sad ol me sat at the dining room table gluing bit's of plastic together and swearing quite frequently !!!

Love the model! Looks great.

Just reading through the link, which lead to another link where it states;

The Recovery ....

In early June 1973, an RAF C-130 transport aircraft left RAF West Drayton in England with 16 RAF personnel and peter Cornish onboard bound for Norway.

Someones got their wires crossed as RAF West Drayton has never had a runway............:lol:

That is superb Neil, really superb.

I do not normally build 72nd but as Bomber Command is one of my "things" and a Crew Chief friend of mine from the same Squadron was involved in the lift of the original, I feel an "order" is imminent.

Well done, very nice work.

Dennis W Robinson

Neil, what cab I say that hasn't already been said! It's beautiful mate! I love the Halifax but I'm gutted that the new kit isn't right as I was going to get one, but I don't think I'll bother now!!! I've got the older kit in the display cabinet and I'm happy with that! After this I can't wait to see your Stirling, it may just inspire me to get mine out of the stash!

Beautiful Job, Neil!

Re-scribing job on the wings looks great, paint application is nice, clear parts look great and i love the antenna/ aerial work. Sort of interesting how all these Halifax builds are materializing at the same time. (at least i think they're all roughly the same time :huh: )

Thanks for posting!

david

Beautiful! This is a great job on a superb aircraft - I haven't bought a copy of this kit yet, but I now know what needs to be done when I do! Your re-scribing is fantastic, that is a skill I can't seem to master. Got to build my Lancaster first...

Cheers,

Bill

As everyone else has said, well done !!!! I have been following your build of this and all the others as well as I have both matchbox and airfix Halifax's in the to do pile I have been hanging out for the Revell one and am disappointed its got its flaws. So having these threads on the different methods of fixing it up is great. Congratulations on a beautiful finish and the mkIII looks awesome as well. Looking forward to what you do with the Stirling

cheers Callum

Beautiful! This is a great job on a superb aircraft - I haven't bought a copy of this kit yet, but I now know what needs to be done when I do! Your re-scribing is fantastic, that is a skill I can't seem to master. Got to build my Lancaster first...

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks guys, I'm glad people have found the builds useful.

This is only the second model that I've successfully scribed, half the battle is having the right tools as I found out. The other thing I did was use a flexible file as a straight edge to get round the curves. They had to be retouched up several times too with all the ongoing work that went on.

Waiting to see your Lanc :)

Sorry woody, I've missed the finished article until now, as I've been away (sunning myself in the Caribbean).

We knew this build was going to be good, but it's more than that...it's superb. That's the model we were all hoping to build! You've done the subject proud. Excellent all round.

Woody you are an inspiration to us all.

Cheers