Eduard 1/48 FW190A-8

Beautiful detail work Kent, book marking this for future reference especially the brake lines :)

Cheers, Stu

Thanks Stu,

Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. I have seen them go straight down as well (maybe the Dora) so don't take this example as Gospel (as if anything in a Luftwaffe reference could be Gospel!).

Regards

A small update.

I have attached the engine bearers to the fuselage. I am going to have to add some 02 into the rather large gap behind the engine so I thought I would start looking at that area. I am leaving the upper fuselage gun bay open. I also put the wing root MG131 ammunition feeders in. The fit into a square shape on the side of the fuselage and this required a bit of sanding on the faces that fit into the squares to allow them to fit. I also had to remove some of the other end where it butts up against the MG's to allow them to fit. I also addressed that gap issue in the starboard bay with some evergreen which will be blended into that small gap at the front of the bay at the wing root.

001-8.jpg

From the front it doesn't look too bad:

002-6.jpg

Whilst this gives a lovely look at the MG131's it leaves a bit of a hole between the rear of the engine and the firewall. Whilst I can dress it up with some wire to look busy, I think it still looks a bit wide open spaces, notwithstanding there are three more pieces of cowling support to go in as well (that may close the area a bit more eh?). I posted a request for help over in the GB reference section.

007-5.jpg

I added the guns as just a mock up and it still looks a little sparse. The master barrels do look the part.

011-5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Finished "detailing" the rear engine area. Well as much as I am going to do anyway. It is not 100% accurate but at least there is now "something" back there and not a void. I found the Eduard extra PE set in the Fw190A-8 Royal Class boxing which gave me a couple of more ideas for wiring. I have added the window washers and piping...not as good as Tim's but meh. Alistair sent me some ticki tape and I sliced some very thin pieces to use as attachments for the washing pipes and some other strapping. I will post some pictures a bit later before I throw some paint at her.

I will have to lift my game by the looks of the other builds here. There is some grat stuff, well done lads!!

Regards

Finished "detailing" the rear engine area. Well as much as I am going to do anyway. It is not 100% accurate but at least there is now "something" back there and not a void. I found the Eduard extra PE set in the Fw190A-8 Royal Class boxing which gave me a couple of more ideas for wiring. I have added the window washers and piping...not as good as Tim's but meh. Alistair sent me some ticki tape and I sliced some very thin pieces to use as attachments for the washing pipes and some other strapping. I will post some pictures a bit later before I throw some paint at her.

I will have to lift my game by the looks of the other builds here. There is some grat stuff, well done lads!!

Regards

Great stuff, if I hold my breath any longer waiting to see this super detailed engine I'll pass out!

Why raise your game though, this is a Group Build not a competition, I think its a great shame if you're treating it as such.

Edited by tank152

Why raise your game though, this is a Group Build not a competition, I think its a great shame if you're treating it as such.

Exactly. This is supposed to be fun.

We just happen to be very lucky in having some wonderful prizes to hand out at the end.

Steve

Where are those pictures? :fight:

We just happen to be very lucky in having some wonderful prizes to hand out at the end.

Steve

Thats just what I thought when I saw that remark and if people start taking the competition attitude it will surely drive some folk away from taking part.

Steve

All I meant fellas is that there are some very talented craftsmen here. I am honoured to be amongst you. It is your workmanship that inspires me, prizes are a nice extra but I build for me and to improve my skills, not for a prize :oops:

Regards

And one with the show......

002-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-3.jpg

009-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

The white filled areas on the ammunition feed chutes are an early attempt to add the small viewing ports. Not entirely succesful but I have an idea for v1.5.

014-2.jpg

As I said it isn't 100% but I think it will well and truly look "busy" when some painting, washing etc. The cabling and wiring doesn't really attach to anything, it just rests against the rear of the engine to give that attached look. It is here that if you are going to detail the engine it would be best to adopt Tim's idea of adding the engine bearers and supports but leaving the lower wings off. Big thick fingers do not make squeezing the bits of wire any easier and it would be good to be able to access the area from the bottom.

I have also commenced the canopy supports. These are really teeny tiny pieces that have fallen foul of the apparent Eduard habit of expecting the smallest contact points to provide sufficient strenght to accomplish a join :angrysoapbox.sml: But I digress....

I added the support cables out of thin copper wire and their attachment points out of 0.1 card. These will provide a little extra strength to the join. It is setting up in the upturned canopy at the moment. Just sitting there using the canopy as a jig. Hopefully photos tomorrow.

Thanks for looking....

Regards

Wind screen washer system extrordinare , what concentrate dilution are you going to fill the bottle with ?!!! This is the first complete screen wash system i'v ever seen and i cant think what you have planed for your next area of micro detail.

Alistair

Wow, that looks awesome, just watch out for the top cowl fit, as I found that I needed to trim back some of my extra wiring to get a positive fit. Still that windscreen wash wiring is epic, shall be stealing that for when I build my A-6

I'm absolutely fascinated by this...mine is a clothes horse for the decals only (with, admittedly a bit of resin) but this is commitment above and beyond...great work

Just a small update tonight...

I shot some base 02 over the reworked engine bay rear. It covers a multitude of sins and makes others more difficult to see ;)

005-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

I will do some details and colour followed by another wash.

I also shot the 66 undercoat for the canopies after masking.

007-6.jpg

The canopy armour plate and supports have been finished. The rear wires should actuallly attach to the canopy itself at the rear but that was beyond my ability at this stage. Hopefully it will look the part when finished. I will redo the wires in steel later.

003-7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Edited by Kahunaminor