Another Lightning F6

Hi all,

Here's my latest effort. It's been a long time in the making -I began last July, but had a bit of a block until just after Christmas.

It's the original release, built out of the box, with the addition of a Neomega seat, and some bits of plastic and wire. I can definitely recommend the seats - they're well made and very reasonably priced at £3.50 each for 1/48 and £1.75 for 1/72 If you're not familiar with them, their web address is: http://www.neomega-resin.com.

I finished the model with a mixture of Humbrol Metalcotes and Humbrol metallics. I then polished various panels with either some old SNJ polishing powder, or Rub 'n Buff. The shadings are not too obvious in the photos, but they are there.................

Thanks for looking,

Ronnie

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0204.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

P1060714.jpg

P1060717.jpg

P1060724.jpg

PICT0206.jpg

PICT0209.jpg

Here's my latest effort.

Don't you just love it when you read that line and you just know that the 'effort' is going to be stunning! That's got to be amongst the best Lightnings on here Ronnie. Absolutely superb and one of my favourite schemes too. :clap2:

Hi Ronnie,

I pressume its the Trumpeter kit? Gorgeous jet!!

Simon

Looks like the 1:48 Airfix kit to me. Ronnie?

I'm in the middle of building the Trumpeter kit, and this looks far too good for that. Especially as Ronnie says that it's built pretty much OOB.

Cheers,

Bill