Hunter references/links

OK, just starting with this GB, so here are 2 I prepared earlier, both Revell 1/72

Basic F6 with Xtradecals, first Revell Hunter I built, couple of years ago

DSCF6239.jpg

2nd build was little more ambitious, replaced the undersized mainwheels with resin ones, made my own conversion, and used the tailhook from the original Aeroclub line AV001, missing the pitot due travellign around with it

DSCF6177.jpg

I'm not the world's best photographer

Nice and impressive looking lot. I'll be doing pics of mine soon.

Just one comment re the Black Arrow decals from the Xtradecal set. They still haven't corrected the fuselage serials from white to the red they should be. Pity.

Nice and impressive looking lot. I'll be doing pics of mine soon.

Just one comment re the Black Arrow decals from the Xtradecal set. They still haven't corrected the fuselage serials from white to the red they should be. Pity.

I though they had, by adding a red serial to go over the white - maybe I'm think of something else? They also forgot to leave off the upper and lower white 'bars' on the fin flash too!!

Suddenly realised I only have a single surviving Hunter to display :(

Revell 144th scale kit converted to the third production F.1

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Time to convert some of the stash to models methinks...

• 2 weeks later...

Never built one in my life, but if I can get back to finishing the Tomcat for its GB, then I can get started on this one! (I have a one-track brain, can only model one thing at a time). Some beautiful examples here, folks! Nice work!

Cheers,

Bill

Hi

Tony can i ask what red you used, Aim making the same team and markings A/C 62 all so in 32nd it is for the Display Sig Display at Telford this year.

Aim about 1/2 way now in making it.

I have another 10 32nd Hunter kits, all will be Display Teams aircraft.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Living and learning all of the time............There were some posts here and there regading the difference in sizes ands shapes of Hunyter Airbrakes. Now this was something I was totally unaware of, but thankfully StephenMG has posted a couple of photo's showing this. I've taken the liberty of copying and psting Mark's post and photo's in here for.....

"Also, I believe someone mentioned the airbrake earlier in this thread? It doesn't seem to be well known that there were 2 different design of airbrake used on the Hunter. The rule of thumb is that the 'big engined' Hunters (i.e. F.6 onwards) had the later style of airbrake, whereas the pre-F.6 aircraft had the early style. These photos illustrate the difference quite well I think. Note that the overall length of the brake and fairing is about the same in both cases (the internal mounting structure for the jack at the rear and the hinges at the front was unchanged), but the later style is a longer brake made possible by redesigning and shortening the fixed fairing so that the forward structure of the airbrake itself could be lengthened.

Early style,

Hunter-airbrake-early.jpg

Late style,

Hunter-airbrake-late.jpg

Hope that helps.

Mark"

It certainly does help - thanks!

Edited by Bill Clark

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Here are mine:

1/72nd first up....

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

PJ Products F.4 in Belgian markings.

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Matchbox T.8 and Modeldecals.

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

Airfix FGA.9 from their first retool of the kit (eagerly await the next to todays standard.. :pray: ..) Modeldecals. I noticed the missing nose wheel doors and pitot by the way.

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

Revell F.6 and Modeldecals. This one too has a missing nose door! doh!! It'll be in the box where it lives, hopefully.

And the 1/48th ones

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

Academy standard kit with some improved parts from Aeroclub and Xtradecals. This model is in need of some repair, not too visible here is the starboard mainwheel missing but is in the models' box.

Thats it for now.

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

The Academy kit converted to a T.7 again from Aeroclub parts/conversion kit. Also the decals from the same Xtradecal sheet but adapted for use on this T.7 with the serial chopped around from the numbers on the sheet to give me XL568/X of 74 Squadron.

Edited by Paul J

• 3 weeks later...