Planned to enter this one sooner but not having my own computer to ensure I can post a WIP thread is hindering this and any other ongoing threads. At least I've got an indefinate loan of a laptop so hope to join in the fun later this week once the bench is cleared. Next issue is picking one of the many projects I'd like to do. Have 3 Revell 144th, 4 Revell 72nd, two Matchbox 72nd, 4 Revell 32nd kits and a pile of decals to pick from :wacko:

Favourite was going to be a Lossiemouth based GA.11 but a few of you have beaten me to that choice so perhaps a 34 Sqn. F.5 or either WB202 when she was carrying the four dummy Firestreak missiles or an early F.1 to be different...

Planned to enter this one sooner but not having my own computer to ensure I can post a WIP thread is hindering this and any other ongoing threads. At least I've got an indefinate loan of a laptop so hope to join in the fun later this week once the bench is cleared. Next issue is picking one of the many projects I'd like to do. Have 3 Revell 144th, 4 Revell 72nd, two Matchbox 72nd, 4 Revell 32nd kits and a pile of decals to pick from :wacko:

Favourite was going to be a Lossiemouth based GA.11 but a few of you have beaten me to that choice so perhaps a 34 Sqn. F.5 or either WB202 when she was carrying the four dummy Firestreak missiles or an early F.1 to be different...

Any of those sound good Col. :thumbsup:

guys what would a typical F6 loadout be for dec 57, im struggling to find net photos

For an F6? it was essentially a fighter so normally 2 x 100 gallon drop tanks only. F6's did though have provision for RP's and latterly SNEB pods, generally for exercises/training only though - so normally the OCU's and their associated shadow squadrons. There are some photo's on ABPic's of Hunter F6's with SNEBs......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Message for Bill Clark

Did you receive a PM from me a couple of days ago Bill? I've just been into my PMs to check something I wrote and can't see any trace of it in my Sent Items or drafts. I suspect I've cocked up sending it somehow??? :hmmm:

Cheers,

Mark

Message for Bill Clark

Did you receive a PM from me a couple of days ago Bill? I've just been into my PMs to check something I wrote and can't see any trace of it in my Sent Items or drafts. I suspect I've cocked up sending it somehow??? :hmmm:

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark, Yes indeed thanks - I'll reply to it later but it was very useful!

Hi Mark, Yes indeed thanks - I'll reply to it later but it was very useful!

Thanks Bill. No rush for a reply or anything, so don't worry about that. I was just concerned that after spending half an hour cogitating and typing it I'd lost the bloomin' lot!

Anyway, glad it was useful!

Just as an aside, in the for sale column, I have added the Airdecal decals for the long nose Hunter WITH resin nose conversion. So anybody here stuck with doing a Hunter with a difference take a look. Cheers.

Sorry ...now SOLD!

Edited by Paul J

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I had hoped to participate in this one but it is not to be, I just have too much to catch up on to start this in the time left so I will say that it has been great watching these builds and I am sorry that a kit built by me was not one of them.

David.

Hi everyone,

I had hoped to participate in this one but it is not to be, I just have too much to catch up on to start this in the time left so I will say that it has been great watching these builds and I am sorry that a kit built by me was not one of them.

David.

That's how group builds seem to go for lots of us David!

As I mentioned in my thread, I'm afraid Miss Demeanour is having to pull out of the STGB as there is no way I can finish by Monday and I'm then on holiday until after the closing date. I'm really quite disappointed that I left it so late to get on with it - the Aliens Dropship took much longer than I expected and the annoying thing is that GB lasts until June, so I really should have completed Miss Demeanour before embarking on the Dropship! I forgot that STGBs don't last as long as standard GBs so that caught me out.

Never mind, I'll continue to look on at the rest of the marvellous builds and will finish MD when I'm back from holiday. Its been fun watching and taking part in this STGB and it has refined my appreciation of the beautiful plane that is the Hawker Hunter - I will definitely be building a more conventional version at some point as I have and Academy F6 in my stash!

Only a couple of days left folks, but what a great line up of Hunters in the completed builds thread already! :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll see a couple more over the weekend.

The GB finishes on Sunday, but I'm away till Monday so I will do the poll when I get back.

Thanks to everyone that joined in or gave the entries their support :cheers: As always we have to thank Mish for her great work keeping these GBs in line!

But most importantly thanks to Bill Clark who offered to help me host this one and then did the vast majority of the work! He hasn't been able to be around much of late, but I know he has been a great help to many of these builds in both morale and his excellent knowledge of the subject. Thanks Bill :cheers:

well im in the same boat i was looking forward to this GB for a long time and a very late starter, i only started this friday.

and been the first time ive done any modelling since jan 1st, as my life has been turned on its head with my grandad in hospital new job and other stuff.

sadly i wont finish as i cocked up my exotic paint finish and i will have to strip it and re paint it. shame this is my first GB and failed to succeded

i had fun though.

however im all up for begging for a time extention anyone want to join me in the beg PLEASE another week would be good.

all the best rob

well im in the same boat i was looking forward to this GB for a long time and a very late starter, i only started this friday.

and been the first time ive done any modelling since jan 1st, as my life has been turned on its head with my grandad in hospital new job and other stuff.

sadly i wont finish as i cocked up my exotic paint finish and i will have to strip it and re paint it. shame this is my first GB and failed to succeded

i had fun though.

however im all up for begging for a time extention anyone want to join me in the beg PLEASE another week would be good.

all the best rob

Hi Rob, I've sent a pm to Mish. A valiant effort at the last minute nonetheless!

My model is finished, but I won't be able to upload any photos until tomorrow (Monday). Does that mean I miss the deadline?

(If so then I would support an extension too!!!)

Edited by StephenMG

My model is finished, but I won't be able to upload any photos until tomorrow (Monday). Does that mean I miss the deadline?

I'm not doing the poll till tomorrow so that will be fine I'm sure.

I've spoken to Mish and we've agreed that the usual conditions for an extension are not present. I'm looking forward to seeing your completed builds soon though. Sorry guys!